Chapter 13

Olivia Yamkela Jakkals

We woke up and performed our morning routine. I wear a dungaree with a floral shirt and a hat while he wears his khaki attire and damn does he looks sexy in it. After dressing up he puts on some music and grabs his comb and makes his way to me.

I grab my roll on.
And slowly walk towards him singing too.

He comes closer and holds my hand passionately singing to me.

I take a young two step towards him while vibing to the music .

At this point he's on his knees and showing off his singing vocals.
I turn around and give him a standing ovation. He gets up and takes a bow then comes towards me and picks me up spinning me around kissing me all over my face.

~~~~~~~~~

We head to the farm. Once we arrive there we greet everyone as they are pleasantly surprised by our visit.

Workers: Môre baas. ( Morning boss)
Workers: Halo Mevrou en Meneer King (Hello Mister and Mrs King)
Workers: Halo Olivia en Jason. 

Jay prefers they call him by his name of which some of them oblige to but the older workers still call him 'baas' . Otherwise im also known as Mrs King junior of which i dont mind at all.

I look for MamFlorence but she's nowhere to be found. I'm quite fond of her.

Yammy: Môre Sindy, het jy al ooit vir MamFlorence vanoggend gesien? ( Morning Sindy, did you see MamFlo this morning?)

Sindy: Halo Olivia, ek het haar gister lank laas gesien, maar ek dink sy is nog steeds oppad. ( Hey Olivia, the last time I saw her was yesterday bit I think she's still on the way.)

Thats weird, shes usually on time, but she's really old so I understand...
We start to help out with work. We milk the cows, im quite good at it as I've practised a few times and after that we fed the chickens, goats, sheep and cows. We also collected some eggs from the chicken then went to check on the vegetables.
We plant some tomatoe seeds as now in March is the perfect time before harvesting them in July to September. They try to keep the amount of machines used to a minimal to provide enough jobs.
And now for the activity that I hate. We head the beehives in our beekeeping suits.

Jason: Come on bella, you're protected, nothings going to happen to you.

He says, laughing at my misery.

I stop and cross my arms over my chest.

Yammy: Uh... no, I'm good over here, thanks.

He comes towards me and gently pulls me towards the hives.

Jason: Come on now, just like always, I'll do it with you.

He comes behind me and helps me take out the honeycomb frame then scrap off the wax cap that the bees make to seal off honey in each cell then place it in an extractor.
I let out a breathe that I didn't even know I was holding. After so many years I still can't get used to it.

Jason: That wasn't so bad now was it?

Yammy: Mxm.

~~~~~~~~~~

Its lunch time and we go have some lunch with the workers. We have some sandwiches with juice provided for farm workers for those who don't and do have lunch boxes.

~~~~~~~~~~

We go to the ranch where the farms horses are kept...This would be one of my favourite activities....
We lead our horses out of the ranch with mine being a beautiful black horse and his is brown with peach spots.
We climb our horses and have a few rounds around the ranch then slow down by sunset and have a chat while on our horses just having a slow stroll.