Chapter 2: Money

The little girl next door wasn't home, so Wei Yuanhang ran back home quickly.

Wei Jianwei was eating noodles with his back turned away from the door, Wei Yuanhang leaned against the door to watch him. He is a little curious about his 'father'. The last time his father left, he was only two years old. A year has passed and the memory of being together was long gone.

After watching for a while, he moved slowly and walked across the table. He was just a little higher than the table, so he put his chin on the table surface and watched his father with his head tilted.

Wei Jianwei had his chopsticks in his hands and glanced at the chubby boy opposite of his. Wei Yuanhang looked back with his mouth full of orange candy and bulging cheeks. His big black eyes made Wei Jianweni uncomfortable.

"Xiaohang, come here." He Xiaoyun just returned from changing her shoes that got wet. As soon as she came back, she found a certain chubby boy staring at someone eating, so she called him.

"Oh!" Wei Yuanhang ran out of the house, squatting by the drain in the yard and watching He Xiaoyun brushing her dirty shoes. "Mom, what do you want me to do?"

He Xiaoyun glanced at him and deliberately said, "I can't call you if I have nothing to do? Can't you just keep me company?"

Wei Yunhuang wrinkled his little brows and thought for a while, before nodding his head earnestly, "Okay."

He Xiaoyun was amused, thinking of the scene earlier, she asked, "Have you eat this morning?"

When she woke up this morning, the child is still soundly asleep, when she came back from doing laundry, he had already run away and she had no idea if the child has eaten his fill.

"Yes. I also bought you some porridge." Wei Yuanhang held out his chest and looked proud.

The three-year-old boy is already fluent in speaking and is often talkative. But sometimes, he couldn't say what he wanted to say. For example, he couldn't say Xiao Ming without a stutter but nothing less, it sounds cute.

"Are you hungry now?"

"I'm not hungry. I'm eating orange candies." Yuanhang opened his mouth to show his mother.

He Xiaoyun said, " Then don't stare when someone eats. They will be embarrassed you know?"

Wei Yuanhang tilted his head in wonder, "What is an embarrassment?"

He Xiaoyun immediately stopped talking. If she said that being embarrass was shy, what would she do if he asked what is being shy? She wouldn't know how to explain it to him. She simply turned her eyes to the vegetable plot in the yard. She pointed at a moth. "Get rid of that moth, it will give birth to worms who will eat our vegetable."

Sure enough, Wei Yuanhang's attention was diverted. He immediately stood up and rushed to the vegetable plot, "Get away from my food, you bad moths!"

Seeing his rushing back, He Xiaoyun gave herself a big thumbs-up in her heart.

After washing her shoes, Wei Jianwei was no longer in the main room. It can be estimated that he's tidying their room, and so, she didn't want to enter their room. She turned to the kitchen to find a basket.

Although she was suddenly sent to the 1970s from the 21st century, He Xiaoyun adapted well. Probably because she was used to doing such chores in her previous life.

In the kitchen, Wang Chunhua is holding a bowl in her hand. Upon seeing her, she said, "Jianwei left out half of the noodles and the poached eggs weren't move. Feed this to Xiaohang."

He Xiaoyun was a little surprised. It was probably because Wei Yuanhang was staring at him so intently that he(WJ) thought the child is hungry. Otherwise, he would have finished that bowl of noodles.