Chapter 4: Son

He Xiaoyun did not fall asleep until late at night. The next morning when she woke up, the child was still soundly asleep. Wei Jianwei was no longer in the room and the mat and quilts were also put away.

He Xiaoyun laid in the bed for a while before remembering that she needed to go visit her 'natal home'. So she sat on the bed, lifted the quilt, and got out of bed.

There was a big mirror in the big closet in the room. She stood in front of it and started combing her hair. The person in the mirror has a goose egg-shaped face. Although she's living in the countryside, her skin is fair and her eyes are lightly round, the bridge of her nose is straight and under it was fleshy pink lips. Even with no makeup, the woman is a little beauty.

He Xiaoyun is also a beauty but compared to this body's beauty, she's still a little worse. In this way, not only did she gain a new life, but she also gained a healthy and beautiful body. Even if the current situation is not good, there's nothing to complain about.

After getting dressed and going out, the rest of the family started to get up. Wang Chunhua was about to enter the kitchen, He Xiaoyun saw another sister-in-law trying to help and stopped her, and decided to go herself.

"Wait for dinner and take this with you." Wang Chunhua cut a few sweet potatoes into a pot, covered it with a lid, and gestured for her to take the pot.

When she was putting things in, He Xiaoyun noticed that there were about two or three catties of peanuts, half a packet of orange candies, a dozen eggs, and two more buns at the top.

Among other things, the eggs alone are not easy to come by. On average, three hens can lay two eggs every day, now that a sister-in-law got pregnant, she needs nutrition and therefore needs to eat egg custards every day. Occasionally, Wei Yuanhang can get one egg but because the eggs are limited, she's afraid that all of them can't get to eat one.

He Xiaoyun felt a little sorry. "Mom, forget about our egg, leave it to sister-in-law."

Wang Chunhua gave her a surprised look. Her expression was sincere and didn't look like she(HX) was pretending. Did her temper really change?

She shook her(WC) head, "I have already saved some for your eldest sister-in-law. This was intended for you."

Of the two daughters-in-law, Wang Chunhua prefers the eldest daughter-in-law but she needs to keep it fair. Wang Chunhua knows that in such a big family like the Wei's, it's easy to have conflict. If she became partial, the children will be uneasy.

After breakfast, Wei Jianwei carried the pot and He Xiaoyun led Wei Yuanhang to set off. The brigade they belonged to is called Qingshuihe Brigade because of the river at the foot of the mountain. There were two teams on the Qingshuihe Brigade, the Wei Family belonged to the first team and He Xiaoyun's family is on the second team.

The second team happened to be at the end of the village, two kilometers away.

On the way, they met a lot of people. The whole brigade and even some from the commune heard about their marriage. Now that people saw the three of them walking together, many stopped to say hello and asked them where they are going.

Halfway through the journey, Wei Yuanhang's steps slowed down, the child became lazy from walking. "Mom, I'm so tired."

He Xiaoyun glanced at the chubby child condescendingly, "So you're okay when you run around playing but you're tired after two steps?"

"It's not two steps! I've taken many steps!" The child gestured with his hand, indicating that he took many steps with big circles.

"Then what are you gonna do? I'm also tired so I can't carry you on my back." He Xiaoyun ruthlessly said.