Chapter 27: Reply

The letter Wei Jianwei wrote to his home was taken apart and read together at night when the family was in the shade.

The letter wrote about his situation in the army, asking how his family is, whether his parents are in good health, and how the crops are growing.

Wang Chunhua was illiterate so Wei Zhenxing read the letter. Wang Chunhua took it and carefully smoothed the wrinkles on the letter, with joy on her face.

"Jianhua will come back tomorrow, let him write a reply to Jianwei. Xiaoyun, do you want to write something? Then let Jianhua write it and send it together." Wang Chunhua said to He Xiaoyun.

There is no mailing point on the brigade, and postmen are not often encountered here. In the past, the letters for Wei Jianwei had to wait for Wei Jianhua to come back home, let him write a reply from them, and send them to the commune when he went to school.

"Good." He Xiaoyun nodded.

Putting Wei Yuanhang to sleep at night, He Xiaoyun lit the kerosene lamp, found the pen and paper from the drawer of Wei Jianwei's desk, and began to think about what to write.

The first line of the letter is difficult. If she writes 'Wei Jianwei', it seems too serious and unfamiliar, but if she writes 'Jianwei', it feels a little too intimate. Although He Xiaoyun called him Jianwei in front of others, she didn't call him that face to face. Thinking about it carefully, Wei Jianwei didn't seem to call her name either.

He Xiaoyun couldn't help taking out Wei Jianwei's letter and wanted to see what his title was written. Although she had read it this afternoon, she didn't pay attention to it at the time.

He wrote Xiaoyun.

He Xiaoyun put the letter paper on the table and poked it with her hand, and felt that it was intimate. Was I familiar with you?! (He Xiaoyun's thoughts, of course, directed at her husband~)

After struggling for a while, she awkwardly wrote the word Jianwei on the top line of the letter. The greetings are also done similarly. Wei Jianwei wrote how is it recently been? He Xiaoyun also wrote, how are you recently?

In the first line, she wrote on the paper that she have received his letters, and then answered Wei Jianwei's question about her current situation with the child, and then got stuck again, not knowing what to write next.

He Xiaoyun stared at the short lines of words on the paper and wanted to end it there. But the words seemed too shabby, and she wanted to continue writing. Nothing happened recently.

This kind of pain is like when He Xiaoyun's a student in the past when the teacher wanted them to write an 800 words essay but just managed to write 600 words and can't continue anymore.

The sleeping child made a babble or two. He Xiaoyun turned her head and looked at him. She made sure that the child was not awake, and turned back sadly. Finally, she simply put the pen away and went to bed first.

The next day, Wei Jianhua returned home, and as soon as he stepped into the door, Wang Chunhua made him sit at the table and asked him to write back to his second brother.

"Mom, I'm so hot, let me rest for a while." Wei Jianhua wailed.

Wang Chunhua said, "Just write first and it will naturally cool down, hurry up." After she finished speaking, she picked up the big fan to fan her younger son and poured him a bowl of tea.

Faced with such a thoughtful service and the threat of a big broom on her mother's side, Wei Jianhua didn't dare to be angry, so he had to start writing bitterly.

Wang Chunhua said one sentence, and Jianhua wrote one sentence. Xiaoyun, who is by Chunhua's side, pricked her ears to listen, trying to learn some experience.