Chapter 30: Peaches

After receiving Wei Jianwei's gift, He Xiaoyun slandered him, but couldn't help but count with her fingers how many gifts that man had sent her.

So far, the other party has given her a book, a pair of shoes, and a silk scarf, but she has only given him an old book, which she bought with his money, which seems a bit unkind.

But she couldn't think of what she could give away. Go to the store to buy things? The money belongs to him. Without her sincerity in it, her own pocket would be cleaner than her face if she didn't spend his money.

She's been thinking about this issue for a day or two, but fortunately, the photos in the photo studio have not yet been sent, so she's not in a hurry to write back to Wei Jianwei.

This morning, she had finished feeding the pig, and on the way back, she saw a peach tree in the yard of a family. The low-growing peaches had been picked, and there were a few left on the top with fluffy peaches in the middle.

He Xiaoyun suddenly remembered that once she went up the mountain with Wei Jianwei, they saw one or two wild peaches in the forest on the top of the mountain. At that time, the green peaches were only the size of a finger, but they should be mature now. She doesn't know how many are left.

He Xiaoyun decided to try her luck at the moment. After having dinner at noon, she said to Wang Chunhua: "Mom, I'll go up the mountain to pick some peaches, Xiaoyuan, you can help me take a look."

"It's so hot. If you want to eat peaches, I'll go to someone else's house and pick two for you. Don't go up to the mountain."

He Xiaoyun hesitated for a moment, and said, "I want to pick more and send some dried peaches to Jianwei."

When Wang Chunhua heard that it was for her son, she couldn't say anything else: "Then you should be careful. If you can't find it, come back quickly."

"Okay." He Xiaoyun nodded in response, wearing a straw hat and carrying a basket, she set off.

In the summer afternoon, the sun was shining brightly in the sky. The excessively bright sunlight almost made the vegetation on the ground become a little dazzling. Not only was the wind blowing not refreshing, but it was also a little dry.

He Xiaoyun looked up. Although there's no cloud at this time, there is likely to be thunderstorms in the afternoon, and she hastened her pace.

Hurrying all the way, she finally climbed to the top of the mountain. The shade of the forest became the best refuge from the heat. While Xiaoyun took off her straw hat and fanned herself, she pushed aside the lush weeds and found the two peaches trees based on her memory.

Not surprisingly, the peach tree has been patronized, and there are not many fruits left, and their appearance is not very good. Fortunately, what she will do is dry peaches, which will have to be peeled and sliced. It doesn't matter whether the peaches look good or not.

He Xiaoyun picked the lowest circle of peaches first, then climbed up to the tree to pick the taller one. The top one was gently tapped with a bamboo pole. After the two trees were picked, the harvest turned out to be pretty good. She packed half a basket and estimated it to be one or twenty catties.

At this time, there were some dark clouds in the sky, and after the sun hid behind the clouds, the weather became even hotter.

He Xiaoyun hurriedly descended the mountain without stopping. When she reached the bottom of the mountain, she was relieved to see her house and the little kid playing in front of the door from a distance.

"Xiaoyuan!" Xiaoyun shouted.

Wei Yuanhang looked up and saw her, and immediately ran over, "Mom! Mom!"