Chapter 15: Birthday

The next day, Wei Jianwei didn't come back until dawn. He didn't go back to the room, he just changed his clothes and slept on the newly repaired bamboo bed. When Wang Chunhua got up in the morning, she was shocked when she saw a person lying in the hall.

As soon as she walked in, Wei Jianwei woke up, rubbed his temples, and sat up, "Mom."

Wang Chunhua knew that he had barely slept and felt a little distressed, "What should I do if you catch a cold while sleeping here? You take a rest, I'll make you a bowl of porridge, you can drink a bowl and then go back to the room to sleep."

"I'm not sleepy anymore." Wei Jianwei said. In the army, sometimes during the exercise missions, he wouldn't be able to sleep for several nights, he could only squint in the daytime. He just slept for a while, now he was full of energy.

He got up and went to the yard, scooped up the water in the water tank to wash, and then carried the bucket and pole to carry water.

His father and his brother didn't have such good energy, although they came back from the field earlier than him, they're still sleeping. In the room, He Xiaoyun was combing her hair, and Wei Yuanhang was also awake. One night pass and he became active and performed a somersault on the bed with the quilt.

He Xiaoyun doll herself up and changed his clothes, "Don't roll around, come and put on your clothes."

"Mom, my teeth don't hurt." Wei Yuanhang got up, grinning with joy, he showed his small white tooth at her.

"Yes, yeah," He Xiaoyun decided to mocked unceremoniously and put his clothes on his head. "Eat more plums today, your teeth will definitely be better."

"Don't wanna, I won't eat plums." The child's head was wrapped in his clothes as he shook his head repeatedly.

He Xiaoyun dragged his clothes down, exposed his head, and took his hands into the sleeves. After the jacket was worn, the remaining pants were easier to wear, so she asked the child to put it by himself, she then went to the kitchen to help make breakfast. Wang Chunhua had already started a fire in the kitchen, when He Xiaoyun came in, she said, "Jianwei was lying on the bamboo bed this morning. When I saw him, I thought he was a thief."

"He's back?" He Xiaoyun was a little surprised. When she got up today, she specifically called Wei Yuanhang up just to wait for Wei Jianwei to catch up in peace. No one was seen in the yard just now, she thought that he was still in the field.

"He came back soon after dawn."

It's been an hour or two since he came back. Although the sky is getting hot, it's still very cool in the morning. The bamboo bed is even more chilly and there's no quilt. He must have been uncomfortable. He was probably afraid of waking them up so he didn't go back to the room.

He Xiaoyun had to admit that except for sometimes that he's teasing her, that guy is very reliable most of the time. Wang Chunhua took out two eggs from the urn and washed them clean, "Will you make Xiaoyuan a bowl of noodles for his birthday today?"

Wei Yuanhang's birthday is today? He Xiaoyun was surprised, why didn't she hear this last night?

But when you think about it, it's normal. At this age, many people barely fill their stomachs until they finish their work in a year. There's no time to care about birthdays or whatnot, so the Wei family's situation is better, Wang Chunhua can still make noodles especially on the birthdays of family members.

Today is the fourth day of May. It turns out that the chubby kid was born the day before the Dragon Boat Festival.

He Xiaoyun remembered that the birthdays of children in her time were always full of cakes, gifts, balloons, and new clothes. Now, Wei Yuanhang's bowl of noodles and two eggs are considered the best.