Chapter 28: Eating Melon

At the hottest season in June, even people's hearts are agitated. He Xiaoyun fanned a fan the night before and doze off in the middle of the night. When she fell asleep in a daze, she suddenly heard the sound of people arguing, the barking of dogs and chickens outside.

The next day, Aunt Zhang went to the door early in the morning and talked to Wang Chunhua about last night, "Our surname Wei is ridiculed by that shameless Jianming!"

The Qingshuihe Brigade is divided into two teams. Most of the people in the first team are surnamed Wei, and in the second team, He. Having the same surname is of the same family. The genealogy goes back several generations and has the same ancestor.

For example, Aunt Zhang's husband shares the same great ancestor with Wei Zhenxing, and Wei Jianming in her mouth is the son of her husband's brother.

That Wei Jianming hooked up with someone on the second team, a married woman surnamed He. Last night, he was caught by the woman's real husband. After a beating, he was escorted to the threshing field to kneel and break the rubble. His family came and knocked on Aunt Zhang's house overnight. The family asks Aunt Zhang's husband to help call the shots.

When Wang Chunhua heard that her expression was also a little disgusted, "Didn't his wife just give birth to a child? She's just out of confinement."

He Xiaoyun also remembered what Aunt Zhang said not long ago, that Wei Jianming's wife gave birth to a daughter, and because their first child was a son, the family is happy whether the next child is a male or a female.

"Yes, Xiao Min took her two children back to her natal's house this morning, saying that she can't afford to marry this kind of person."

"She is ashamed of her husband, but the real one who should be really ashamed is Jianming."

Aunt Zhang said: "I heard that because Xiao Min was pregnant, he couldn't control his belt and frolic around. He deserves to be beaten to death!"

Wei Jianming was brought back by a person surnamed Wei in the middle of the night. In the afternoon, the second team came back to make trouble again. This time, even Wei Zhenxing and Wei Jianguo were called. They were called out and didn't come back until dark.

Feng Qiuyue soaked her feet in the house. Her belly was seven months old and her feet were severely swollen. Soaking her feet in hot water every night would be comfortable.

Seeing Wei Jianguo entering the house, she asked, "You're back? Mom left the food in the pot. Have you eaten it?"

"I've eaten it." Wei Jianguo nodded and went to the closet to look for a change of clothes.

"What did you say about the matter over there?"

Wei Jianguo sighed, "I want Jianming to pay and to marry the woman he frolicked with."

The daughter-in-law of the He's family who cheated has been driven back to her natal family. The natal now want Wei Jianming to marry this daughter. This is the result of the reconciliation of the team leader and the clerk. Otherwise, the He family will fight at the beginning.

"In my opinion, you shouldn't help with this matter." Feng Qiuyue frowned. Any woman, knowing what Wei Jianming did, will feel unpleasant, not to mention that she was also pregnant like Xiao Min at that time.

"We're from the same family, who will care if not us?" Wei Jianguo disapproved, seeing that she had finished soaking her feet, he came over to help pour the water.

Feng Qiuyue leaned to block him, "I don't need you, I will do it myself."

"You..." Wei Jianguo's hand stretched out was blocked halfway, not knowing why she was making trouble.