Chapter 41: Sit Up

As soon as He Xiaoyun finished knitting a scarf for Wei Yuanhang, snow fell.

That morning, when she woke up, she found that the light outside was brighter than usual. He Xiaoyun thought she was getting up late. She found out it snowed when she opened the curtains.

Overnight, the outside turned into a white world, with high and low buildings and mountains. The treetops and grass fields were all put on silver outfits.

Wei Jianwei opened the door and walked in. He was always the first to get up, and he came back with hot water from the boiling room.

He Xiaoyun saw him and excitedly said: "It's snowing!"

"Mn. It's a bit cold today, keep warm."

"Yeah." He Xiaoyun answered, her eyes still staring at the snow outside, quite a bit eager to go outside.

She was a Southerner in her previous life. She only saw a small amount of snow once when she was in her twenties. This was the first time she saw such a large amount of snow, and now, she wanted to run out and have fun.

"Don't play in the snow, you will have frostbite." Wei Jianwei shattered her beautiful thoughts.

He Xiaoyun subconsciously looked at her hands. She still remembered that one year ago, her two little fingers had frostbite. The thought in her heart immediately scattered.

"Okay..." She looked out the window reluctantly, then closed the curtains and went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

When Wei Yuanhang got up, he saw the snow and immediately ran over to her and asked in a fuss: "Mom, what's that outside?"

"It's snow."

The child tilted his head and asked, "What is snow?"

He Xiaoyun didn't know what to answer, so she simply said, "It's the ones outside."

Wei Yuanhang frowned, not satisfied with the answer, "Where did the snow come from?"

"It falls from the sky like rain."

"Why doesn't it snow in our house?"

He Xiaoyun knew that he was referring to their house in Qingshuihe, and said, "Because our place is not cold enough, it will only snow when the weather is cold."

The little kid nodded, seemingly understanding.

<>

After breakfast, Wei Jianwei went to the camp, while Wei Yuanhang stood by the window, looking at the snow outside with curiosity and wonder.

Not long after, Wang Derong ran over, seeing that Wei Jianwei was not at home, he became courageous, and shouted: "Xiaoyuan! Xiaoyuan, let's go down and had a snowball fight!"

Wei Yuanhang slid and was about to run out, He Xiaoyun quickly stopped him, "Don't run out like this. Be careful and don't be silly."

Children have a fast metabolism, high body temperature, and blood vessels that are not easy to freeze. They will go out to play for a while and won't worry much about frostbite. However, He Xiaoyun still found the thickest cotton clothes and put them on him, put on a scarf and gloves, wrapped his whole body tight, before letting him go out.

"I'll be back after a while."

"Got it!" The two children ran away all at once.

He Xiaoyun stood by the window and looked around, she saw that there were already several children downstairs, all dressed like big balls, swayingly running on the snowy ground. If they're not careful, they will throw themselves into the snow, just like a clumsy little penguin, chubby and cute.