Chapter 19

It rained the night before, when He Xiaoyun got up in the morning, the ground was still a little wet. Wei Jianguo went up the mountain before dawn and brought half a sack of green bamboo shoots back. After breakfast, He Xiaoyun and Feng Qiuyue peeled the bamboo shoots in the yard.

Only the two of them were at home in the morning, the three men were called by the team to repair the canal. Wang Chunhua took Wei Yuanhang to the commune to have a drink and be a guest. Without the little talker, the house was quite deserted.

"Xiaoyuan always sticks to you but suddenly, he's not by your side, which definitely makes you unaccustomed."

He Xiaoyun said, "I feel pure without him twittering."

"Look at you, had a hard mouth but a soft heart didn't see that for a while" Feng Qiuyue laughed at her.

"Sister-in-law, don't laugh at me. When you become a mother in the future, I will laugh at you too." He Xiaoyun countered.

Feng Qiuyue happily said, "Then I will wait."

They talked and laughed while they finished the work quickly. The stripped bamboo shoots were cut into strips, then they were blanched in a pot, leaving a bowl of minced pickles for noon stir-fry, and most of the rest was spread out and dried on the stone wall.

"Xiaoyun."

He Xiaoyun was standing next to a half-person high stone wall, when she suddenly heard someone calling her, she looked up and found that it was her elder sister He Xiaofen and her little niece.

"Sister? Why are you here? Come in quickly." She hurriedly walked around the door and greeted them both.

He Xiaofen walked in with her daughter, and took a look at the hall, "Your mother-in-law is not at home?"

He Xiaoyun stretched out her hand to take her little niece, "Someone got married today, she took Xiaoyuan to drink a wedding cup." He Xiaoyun lowered her head and teased the little dumpling in her arms, "Huihui, I am your auntie, do you remember me?"

The little girl is only a few months old. She looked at He Xiaoyun with her eyes open and her mother again. She didn't cry or make trouble, she was very cute. She teased for a while, then remembered, "Sister, come sit in the house with me."

Feng Qiuyue heard the voice and walked out of her room, "Xiaoyun, does your eldest sister eaten breakfast?"

He Xiaofen hurriedly said: "I have eaten, You don't need to prepare."

He Xiaoyun said: "Sister-in-law, please rest, my eldest sister is not an outsider, so don't be so polite."

Feng Qiuyue smiled, "Well, you sisters speak very well. Okay, I won't bother."

He Xiaoyun took her sister back to their bedroom and let her little niece sit on Xiaoyuan's bed to play, and the two of them sat on the edge of the bed.

"Your room is really clean," He Xiaofen surveyed the room. "It's not like my house, which is like a pigsty."

"Why do you say that? If your room is a pigsty, what have you become?" He Xiaoyun laughed.

He Xiaofen scoffed at her and said, "If I talk like that, you can just listen to it, don't think about it."

He Xiaoyun smiled and shook her head, and took a building block to tease the little child, "How's your family going? How are brother-in-law and the two children?"

"What can be wrong with them? It's you I'm worried about, brother-in-law has been back for a while, you two quarreled again this time?"

"Nope."