Chapter 13: Moved

He Xiaoyun fell over and Wei Jianwei moved, she reacted and immediately got up in a hurry, but because it was dark, she didn't know where the person was, where the bed was. She slipped and stepped on Wei Jianwei a few more times in the meantime.

In the end, Wei Jianwei sat up and helped her avoid more embarrassment. He Xiaoyun's face burned like fire and for a while, she began to rejoice that it's dark and that no one could see her embarrassment, "I'm sorry..."

Wei Jianwei just hummed and his voice seemed to be deeper than the night. He Xiaoyun quickly slipped back to the bed and pulled the quilt up to cover her face, only revealing a pair of eyes. She held her breath and attentively listened to the movement at the other end of the room, when she heard him lying down, she felt relieved and her breathing slowed.

The next day, Wei Jianhua went back to school before dawn. Wang Chunhua sent him away and then counted the eggs they had saved in recent days, she decided to go to the market.

The commune collects food every five days and many people take the eggs and vegetables they grow at home to collect and exchange them for daily necessities such as salt and oil.

This small-scale private transaction is permitted by the state, but if someone buys the farmers' eggs and resells them, it won't work. After being discovered, they will be sent to the quarry for labor reform.

When He Xiaoyun first came, she also thought about whether she could do something to earn some money. After all, life without money on hand is always frustrating. Later, she passed the quarry by chance and saw those who were "re-education through labor". She immediately dismissed her idea.

Now she focuses on reading and studying hard to make progress every day.

She and Wang Chunhua went to the market together. Wei Yuanhang, the little tail naturally followed. In addition to a dozen eggs, they also carried some cabbage and pickles.

There are many people at the market, there are farmers who sell things like them, and some come from communes and counties to buy things.

Wang Chunhua chose a place, put down the back basket, and asked He Xiaoyun to show Wei Yuanhang around, "I'll do it alone here. You and Xiaohang will go shopping to see if there's anything you want to buy." She said that she wanted to take out some change for them.

He Xiaoyun hurriedly said, "I have money here."

"Then you go, don't go too far."

He Xiaoyun nodded and led Wei Yuanhang to walk slowly. In fact, there is nothing to look at. The only things that farmers sell are those that are not their own products, but they are picked from the mountains and fished in the water. Pork and grain are not allowed to be traded privately, so they cannot be seen in the market.

Wei Yuanhang is different. He's happy as long as he can go out, saying that He Xiaoyun led him around was a lie, in fact, he dragged his mother to run forward, squatting in front of other people's stalls for a while, watching the live fish in the bucket, and then ran to watch others catch them.

"Dang-Dang-Dang-" There was a sound of iron flicks in a corner of the market, and He Xiaoyun looked at it. It turned out that someone was selling maltose, and the stall was surrounded by children.

Wei Yuanhang's eyes lit up and he quickly trots over there with her hand. The snow-white maltose is packed in a shallow iron plate. If someone wants to buy it, the stall owner will knock a piece of it with an iron piece and cut it into small pieces.

He Xiaoyun had eaten this kind of candy when she was a child. At that time, they could bargain it with something they didn't need at home. She once exchanged a pair of broken shoes for a small piece of candy.