Chapter 11: Teasing

A few days before the Dragon Boat Festival, He Xiaoyun went up to the mountain but didn't pick many wild vegetables, she found an ownerless bayberry tree instead.

The bayberry is not big, only the size of a thumb finger. It hangs red on the branches and can make people drool.

He Xiaoyun climbed the tree, and she then spotted a big and red bayberry. She took it off and put it in her mouth in two mouthfuls. The next second, her face crumpled into a frown.

It's too sour. No wonder there are a lot of fruits hanging on the tree that wasn't picked yet.

Anyway, it was the only fruit that she had eaten these days, He Xiaoyun wrinkled her face and still swallowed it wholeheartedly. She didn't dare try to eat one again but looking at the red fruit on the tree, she was too reluctant to just give it up, she picked some and placed it in her pocket, and took it home.

Wang Chunhua was packing rice dumplings. Though there were still a few days before the Dragon Boat Festival, the commune high school won't be closed that day. She was afraid that her younger son wouldn't be able to eat the rice dumplings.

When He Xiaoyun stepped into the courtyard with bayberries in her arms, she saw Wei Yuanhang pouting and playing in the mud by the small vegetable garden while Wei Jianwei chopped firewood in the courtyard and cooked rice dumplings for a while.

She rolled her eyes, walked towards Wei Jianwei with a smile, picked out a red bayberry from her pocket, and handed it to him, "Here."

Wei Jianwei stopped his work and looked at the bayberry in front of him, and then at her smile without moving.

Wei Yuanhang, who was next to them, saw this scene and ran over, he curiously asked: "What is that? Mom, I want to eat one too!" He pulled He Xiaoyun's sleeves and stood on tiptoes to look.

Fearing that the chubby boy might leak her scheme, He Xiaoyun didn't care about anything else anymore and hurriedly stuffed the bayberry into Wei Jianwei's mouth. She thought that the other party wouldn't let her succeed but she didn't expect that he would actually open his mouth to take it.

He Xiaoyun was surprised but she was soon immersed in the anticipation of seeing his face turning ugly, she's waiting for him to spit out with sour teeth. Let's see if you still keep that calm face all day long!

She watched as Wei Jianwei chew the bayberry in a few mouthfuls, his expression not changing at all.

"Huh?" He Xiaoyun frowned in confusion and stared at him, she then picked a bayberry in her pocket. What's the matter? Isn't his bayberry sour? Could it be her own bad luck that she ate a sour one?

Wei Yuanhang yelled in a hurry: "Mom is partial and only feeds Dad!"

While He Xiaoyun was wondering, she heard this. She glanced at Wei Yuanhang and thought of doing another experiment with him. This is what you asked for, chubby boy. If you suddenly cried, don't blame your mother for being partial.

She picked the reddest one for Wei Yuanhang.

The child took it and hurriedly put it into his mouth and chewed it, the smile on his chubby face disappeared. The child tried to chew it again and finally gave up by spitting it up: "It's so terrible, so sour!"

He Xiaoyun originally wanted to see Wei Jianwei be a joke but it changed to Wei Yuanhang, she couldn't stop laughing when she saw the chubby boy, and his dramatic expression changes just now.

Wei Yuanhang's cry shocked Wang Chunhua. She walked out of the kitchen and saw her little grandson screaming and jumping around. Her second daughter-in-law was smiling, leaning forward and backward due to laughter, even her second son was smiling.