Chapter 25: Ambiguous

The next morning, Wei Jianwei and his father and first brother went to Houshan to weed the tombs of the ancestors of the Wei family, while Wang Chunhua began to pack things for her son one after another.

Home-fried peanuts, newly knitted sweaters, a few pairs of thick insoles. She walked back and forth in the house. He Xiaoyun and Feng Qiuyue knew that she was uncomfortable, and they couldn't persuade her.

Next door Aunt Zhang finished her housework and came to drop in. Seeing Wang Chunhua walking around like a headless bird, she couldn't help asking, "What is your mother doing?"

Feng Qiuyue glanced at He Xiaoyun and replied to her: "Jianwei will return to the army tomorrow morning. Mom is packing his luggage."

"Oh," Aunt Zhang nodded: "A month has passed so soon, it seems like Jianwei just came back home yesterday."

"Yeah."

"I remember Jianwei leaving home for the first time that year. He was only a teenager. How many tears your mother has wiped in front of me that time, now, it has been so many years in a blink of an eye." Aunt Zhang sighed with emotion.

After finally finishing packing, Wang Chunhua finally sat down.

Aunt Zhang patted her hand and comforted: "Days are fast, Jianwei will be back in a blink of an eye. Don't be sad, otherwise, the second child will see you and go uneasy."

Wang Chunhua sighed and smiled reluctantly, "I know, it's just uncomfortable for now, it will be fine afterward."

Aunt Zhang joked: "You can't bear for him to leave, Xiaoyun also can't bear for him to go. This young wife has a thin face, so don't sigh in front of her. Later, you might provoke her tears."

He Xiaoyun smiled and lowered her head as if embarrassed. Although she wasn't too uncomfortable, she felt a little melancholy because of the imminent parting and the atmosphere at home.

Wang Chunhua looked at Aunt Zhang, nodded, and cheered up, "You're right. If I'm like this, it will make the people even sadder."

"En. That's right." Aunt Zhang said, thinking of something again, "I heard that some of the cadres in the army have reached high ranks and can take their family members over. I don't know if that's possible with Jianwei?"

"Is there such a thing? I don't know about such things, I will ask Jianwei when the time comes." Wang Chunhua said.

"Of course, otherwise this young couple will be separated all year long, it will be difficult."

Wang Chunhua nodded in agreement.

In fact, if her second daughter-in-law had the same temperament as before, even if the family members could join the army, Wang Chunhua wouldn't dare to let He Xiaoyun go, for fear that something might happen again, which would affect her son's future. But now, her second daughter-in-law has changed, and has a good relationship with her son. And the child is still small. If the family can be together, then it's better to get together.

He Xiaoyun couldn't help but raise her head. She knew that a high military rank could allow her family to join the army, but she had never thought about it before and didn't think Wei Jianwei would want her to be there. After all, they're not really a loving couple. Does he want to continue sleeping on the floor?

Approaching noon, the Wei family, father, and son came back from the mountain. After lunch, Wei Jianwei went back to the room to change his sweaty clothes and prepared to go out again.

"Are you going out again?" He Xiaoyun asked him, leaning against the door.

He nodded, "I'm going to my uncle's house."