Chapter 61: Peace of Mind

A few days after He Xiaoyun arrived home, good news came from the commune. The first batch of admission notices for those students who took the college entrance examination this summer arrived, and her younger brother He Xiaojun was among them.

He Xiaoyun just returned home two days ago and asked He Xiaojun how he was doing in the exam, and he only said it was okay.

Because the grades were not out, she didn't dare to ask more, for fear of hurting the fragile heart of the young people.

She didn't expect that kid to receive an admission notice from the capital. Although it is not a top school, it is still very good.

There are two college students in the family, and both went to a college in the capital. He Xiaoyun and her family became well-known in the whole commune. Their parents, He Dazhi and Li Yuegui have become the most popular figures in Qingshuihe. No matter where they go, there are people that ask for advice on how to raise children.

The two of them are in their early fifties and have never been in the limelight before. They were a bit overwhelmed, and they hid at home and didn't dare to go out.

However, such a big happy event really should be celebrated. Just as He Xiaoyun and Wei Jianwei were at home, Li Yuegui asked He Xiaojun to run errands and spread the word, asking their family of three to go back for dinner the next day.

After getting up the next day and finishing packing, He Xiaoyun took her husband and child back to her natal home.

Coincidentally, just as she walked to the door, her elder sister He Xiaofen's family also arrived.

The small yard suddenly became crowded, and a few children got together, chattering and making a lot of noise.

He Xiaofen smiled and patted He Xiaojun's arm: "Since when did you become so calm, you didn't leak a word about such a big matter before, so why didn't you get overwhelmed?"

"Sister, you be gentle." He Xiaojun struggled to dodge under her iron sand palm.

He Xiaojun led a few nephews, and rushed out the door to escape his sister, "I'll take Xiaohang and the others out to play! "

"Don't run far, dinner will be ready soon, and don't go to the river!" Li Yuegui yelled loudly from behind.

"Boy, I haven't finished my question yet." He Xiaofen snorted.

She specially called her daughter and son-in-law back. Li Yuegui was going to make a good meal today. In addition to the bacon left over from the Chinese New Year, she also bought fish and tofu and slaughtered a non-laying chicken from home.

She and her daughters were busy at home, while He Dazhi and his two sons-in-law went to dig bamboo shoots in the bamboo forest behind.

While working, Li Yuegui inquired about the situation in the capital. Knowing that He Xiaojun's school was not far from He Xiaoyun, she was obviously relieved.

He Xiaofen pursed her lips, "Mom, don't worry about it. He's a big guy, not a little girl. Will he be afraid of being bullied when he goes out?"

Glancing at her, "Didn't you hit him just now? The kid is so old but gets hit when he came home. "

"Mother I just playing with him ." He Xiaofen cried out.

Li Yuegui choked her: "You are already so old, yet you are still playing? I feel embarrassed for you."

"Who is old? I am still young."

"Listen to this, shameless and skinless, almost thirty years old "

He Xiaofen rolled her eyes, "What's wrong with being thirty? You can still be a beauty at thirty."