Chapter 26: Letters

Wei Jianwei left before dawn and did not disturb the two sleeping people in the room.

He was washing in the courtyard and found that there was a little light in the kitchen. When he walked in, he found that Wang Chunhua was sitting under the stove in a trance. The fire in the stove was about to go out, and the orange-red light shone on her face.

"Mom."

Wang Chunhua came back to her senses, "You're up? There are noodles in the pot, eat it before leaving."

Wei Jianwei nodded, "Mom, go back to your room and sleep for a while."

"En. I go now."

To explain, Wang Chunhua got up at four o'clock to make a bowl of noodles for her son. She walk to return to her room and couldn't sleep anymore, but she's afraid of staying in the hall and watching her son leave.

Wang Chunhua wiped her eyes when she walked outside the kitchen.

When He Xiaoyun woke up, the room was quiet and only Wei Yuanhang made a small snoring sound. She turned her head and looked at the floor. Wei Jianwei's bed had been put away, and she couldn't see any of his personal belongings. The person has left.

The child didn't know that his father had left long ago. After playing with himself for a long time in the morning, he finally remembered to ask his mother, "Mom, where is Dad?"

"Your Dad has returned to the army, I said this to you yesterday."

"But..." Wei Yuanhang pouted his mouth. "He didn't tell me today."

He Xiaoyun touched his head and said, "Dad left early in the morning. Seeing that you were sleeping too soundly, I couldn't bear to wake you."

"When will father come back?"

"Soon, he will come back when the plum tree in my aunt's house grows plums again."

After coaxing the child for a while, the child was still a little unhappy, and He Xiaoyun had to let him rest in her arms. After lunch, Wei Yuanhang went to play again. Not long after, he ran to He Xiaoyun holding a wooden box, "Mom, how come the bugs have become like this?"

The wooden box was previously used to hold the worm eggs. Ten days ago, the worms turned into pupas. He Xiaoyun asked Yuanhang to put them in the side utility room and to watch them later.

As there have been a lot of things recently, they have forgotten them. When the child thought about the box again, the insects have turned into butterflies and flew away, leaving only a few gray pupa shells.

After Wei Yuanhang listened to his mother's explanation, his eyes were filled with tears, "Daddy is gone. Now, little Hudi is gone too. Wuuu!"

The child cried too violently and shocked several other people in the family. Wang Chunhua hurried out, "What's the matter? Did Yuanhang fall?"

He Xiaoyun explained helplessly: "Those vegetable insects turned into butterflies and flew away."

Wang Chunhua breathed a sigh of relief. Seeing her little grandson crying with tears and snot, she felt funny and distressed, "It's okay, grandma will catch you a few more bugs."

"I want a lot." The child made a nasal bubble.

"Well, a lot then." The child's troubles made Wang Chunhua's sadness dissipate a lot.

<>

When the lotus was blooming in full bloom, Li Yuegui told He Xiaoyun that her cousin had decided to get married at the end of the year.

At that time, He Xiaoyun was helping her mother weed the vegetable garden. Hearing her mother's words, she asked: "What did cousin say?"

"Your cousin didn't say yes, nor did he say no. He's no longer young this year. Your aunt simply made a decision. The girl is good in everything except for her family."