Chapter 10: Rogue

On the second day after returning from the county, Li Yuegui asked for He Xiaoyun to go back to her natal home.

Worried that something might have happened at her natal home, He Xiaoyun went back that very afternoon.

She learned that the roof of the house was leaking when it rained for the past few days. Yesterday, when the weather was good, her father went to the commune to pick up tiles to repair the leakage when he accidentally slipped off the roof when he was fixing it.

The house was not that high, the thing is her father's feet still got injured. The roof of the house is still unrepaired. Seeing that the rainy season is approaching, Li Yuegui wanted to ask Wei Jianwei if he can help them when he's free.

If it happened to an ordinary person; when the wife's family needed help, the son-in-law will go help without saying a word. He Xiaoyun felt that this was a bit difficult because she and Wei Jianwei are not a normal couple at all.

She only gifted him a book yesterday and today she wanted him to help. The relationship between the two of them is not harmonious. But the problem at her natal home had to be resolved.

Throughout the afternoon, she was thinking about how to speak this request to Wei Jianwei. When the evening arrived, Wei Jianwei took the initiative to ask her.

"What happened?"

He Xiaoyun hadn't reacted at first but when she knew he was talking to her, she was a little flattered. This was the first time Wei Jianwei take the initiative to talk to her.

She didn't worry anymore and quickly seized the opportunity to talk about the situation, and finally said: "My mother wanted to ask you for help... If it isn't convenient..."

"Let's go tomorrow." Wei Jianwei has no other thoughts about the matter and directly agreed.

He Xiaoyun rejoiced: "Tomorrow, I will go with you."

As soon as her worry got resolved, He Xiaoyun's whole person relaxed and she hummed. Wei Yuanhang flattered on the sidelines, "Mom sings so nicely."

He Xiaoyun didn't even notice that she was humming, she was a little bit embarrassed when she heard his praise.

She picked up the chubby child, slumped her hands quite laboriously, and said, "It's useless to flatter. When you grow up, I won't be able to hold you anymore."

"When I grow up, I will hug you instead!" The child proclaimed loudly and faithfully.

He Xiaoyun put him on the bed and pinched his little nose, "Who did you learn such glib tongue skills?"

"My mouth is not full of oil." The child pursed his mouth unhappily.

"Yo-yo, I didn't even say that. Why is there no oil?" He Xiaoyun teased him and even tickled his neck.

Wei Yuanhang immediately rolled over with a laugh: "Hahahaha it tickles...Dad help! Hahahaha tickles..."

The two of them had a lot of fun and Wei Jianwei seemed a bit deserted reading there, but he didn't seem to feel it much. After reading a few pages, he raised his head and glanced over the bed, and then continued reading.

The next day, while making breakfast, He Xiaoyun told Wang Chunhua the matter about going home.

Wang Chunhua said: "Go early. If you don't have enough manpower, come back and say, your elder brother is also free anyway."

"Don't bother big brother, my dad already repaired some yesterday, so we can fix it today." He Xiaoyun handed Wei Yuanhang to her. After breakfast, she went to her natal home with Wei Jianwei.