CHAPTER V

Arush's POV

My life has always been all about my education and focusing on my career until I saw her at a global conference 4 years ago. AADHYA! The only woman who has ever caught my attention. She is the best example for beauty with brains. When she presented her ideas on why immediate treatment is to be provided to any emergency case, irrespective of what kind of the accident or situation the patient was involved in, there was a lot of pain and depth in her words as if she personally experienced it. The five days at the global conference which I thought would be boring, were amazing due to her presence. What caught my attention the first time is not just her beauty but her thoughts and ideology. She always carries a beautiful and radiant smile which just lightens ones' mood. I got to know all her details through a common friend and was surprised to know how much she went through at a very young age.

After that, I met her again after a year for the inauguration of AA foundations, a shelter for orphans and abused women, to which I was invited as the guest of honour. There I saw her again, happily playing with the kids in the orphanage and telling stories so expressively. Later that day, I got to know that she is the founder of the shelter which she started in memory of her parents. I was so impressed to see her be so down to earth and playing with the kids in the mud. From that day, I started to visit the orphanage whenever I can to have a glimpse of her and interact with the innocent hearts who love to see anyone visiting them.

And now four years since I saw her the first time, I still can't forget her. When my mom brought the topic of my marriage with one of the daughters of the Singhanias', I told her what I felt for Aadhya. My mom asked me to look at the photo of the Singhanias' younger daughter as I already have met Ananya, I went all crazy to see Aadhya's pic and hugged my mom and told her that she is the same person I have fallen in love with. My mom was glad to know that and asked Viraj what he thinks about Ananya showing him her picture in her mobile, while she told him about her.

Viraj just looked at her picture for a long time and said he is ok to marry Ananya. I was shocked to see Viraj agreeing for the marriage as he has always been a very calm person who thinks a lot before taking a decision. Mom left the room happily to let Mrs. Ankitha Singhania know that we would love to meet their daughters the following day. I saw Viraj looking out of the window in deep thoughts. I called him twice but when he didn't respond, I went and placed my hand on his shoulder to break his thoughts. He turned to look at me, and what I saw was a very devastated Viraj.

I was so worried and asked him, "Viru, what's wrong bro? Why do you look so devastated? Is everything ok?" He just shook his head and took a deep breath. I know he is trying to control his emotions at that moment. I made him sit on the couch and gave him some water which he gulped all at once. I again asked him what is worrying him and if it was about the marriage proposal and whether he is not interested in the marriage arranged by our family.

He sighed and spoke, "Do you remember this morning I didn't leave for Jaipur to meet our grandparents saying I have a very urgent meeting? I actually received a call from Vihana Di in the morning and she wanted to meet me. She sounded so broken, and I was worried about her and ran to meet her in the chocolate room. As soon as she saw me, she hugged me and broke down into a fit of tears and at that moment I was so scared. She has always been the strongest person among us three and seeing her like that has killed me.

She had a miscarriage the day before yesterday and was all alone at home as Rishab went to the USA for an important meeting for a couple of weeks. She wanted to see mom and talk to her as she was all alone but knowing that dad wouldn't let her meet mom, she didn't know whom to talk with. She wanted someone to hold her, and she didn't want to disturb you all as there was such a big merger happening between your and Singhania's company."