CHAPTER XVI

ARUSH'S POV

Aadhya has been pretty busy preparing for the interview today. She is still nervous though she knew she did her best in the written exam on Monday. She was trying to talk to me and also prepare at the same time and I asked her to not try both and just focus on her interview. I wished her good luck for her interview and now in the shopping mode, holding the samples she has sent with mom. I just wish I get done with the shopping today.

Manvitha has been of a great help in assisting me to choose something regal and elegant, but didn't budge when I asked her to show Aadhya's lehenga designs. Once done with my dresses, I tried some ethnic shoes to match all my dresses. She also helped me pick a beautiful saree for Aadhya, which mom asked to purchase as I need to gift it to her after our wedding. When I was waiting for Manvitha to bill everything, I saw a beautiful intricate diamond choker, whatever they call it, with big earrings and bangles in the display of the jewelry section and asked Manvitha about it. She explained the details of the ornament and gave it to me check it. I immediately asked her to pack it and she asked if it is for Aadhya and I said yes.

She smiled teasingly and handed it to me, and said, "I will get everything delivered to you day after tomorrow, so that you won't be having a hard time packing in the last minute." I thanked her for the help and left from there to home. Once I reached home, I showed mom and dad the gift I purchased for Aadhya and they were so happy that I got the thought to buy it. "Thank god, Arjun! I always thought that this good for nothing son of ours will always work like a robot and not have any feelings, but look here, he has turned all romantic," dramatically said mom.

"Yeah, Anvi! We should give Aadhya all the credit for this. If not for her, he would have been in the boring 'I'm the rude businessman mode' forever," added dad sarcastically. I rolled my eyes at their nautanki and went to my room to place the jewelry safely in my locker. I checked the time and called Aadhya as she must be done with her interview by now, which she answered in the first ring.

"Hi Love, how did your interview go?" I asked her excitedly. She was silent for a few moments before I heard, "No, Diya. Just let me know if I am needed. I will be in my cabin. Get me all the reports." I patiently waited for her and then heard a door closing sound, when she spoke, "Hi Arush, sorry for holding you. It has been a damn hectic day and I sense a headache coming, along with the exhaustion." I asked, "What about the interview, did you do well?"

She chuckled and said, "You should better ask me, did you give the interview?" I was confused at her words and asked, "Why wouldn't you give when you are still in the hospital?" She sighed dramatically before saying, "What do I say now? Dr. Virendra and I were being interviewed together and 15 minutes through the interview, Diya came and informed that there was an accident and one of my patients who is in her 8th month pregnancy woman has entered preterm labor and my presence was needed. I immediately left to save the patient, and asked Dr. Virendra that I would send Diya to call him so that he can come in case if anything is serious as he is more experienced, but he refused to come in between the interview. Luckily, I was able to save the mother and child in the nick of time."

I was surprised at the information and wondered how can a doctor refuse to help when there may be an emergency. I said, "It is said that you couldn't give the interview, but I am happy that you were able to save two lives." We talked about general things and she said, "I am going to apply leave from tomorrow itself as I have so many things to do and I just want to relax and enjoy when we go to Matheran. How long will you be away from your work?"

"Mostly, I will be working till Friday and from Saturday will be away from work and I am planning to let dad handle for a month, so that we can have some quality time. How long are you planning to take leave from the hospital?" I asked her. "I am trying to take leave for a month, but I am not sure if it is going to be approved for that long Arush. I will try my best to convince them."

I was a bit disappointed hearing that but then said, "That is OK Aadhya, no pressures from my end. Why didn't you ever try opening your hospital or clinic Aadhya?" She said, "The administration and management is a very tough task Arush, we need to find good resources for that, if not we can't provide a proper healthcare while trying to manage everything. My goal always has been to serve people rather than indulge in managing a hospital. So, I chose this despite everyone asking me to start a clinic or hospital."

I felt her reason valid and then said, "By the way, I am done with my shopping and can't wait to surprise you." She excitedly said, "That is great, Mami told me this morning that we will be leaving to Matheran this Sunday morning, when are you starting?"

"Oh really? I am not sure about us. Mom didn't tell us anything yet. Have to ask her about it. Anyways, Aadhya, I have been wanting to ask you something since long, just didn't want to upset you," I asked cautiously. "Arush! We are already engaged and getting married in a week. You don't have to hesitate to ask me anything. If it is something that upsets me, I will let you know. So, now ask me what is it that you wanted to," she softly said.

I hesitantly asked, "During the global summit, you presented your thoughts about the immediate treatment in case of emergencies, I clearly remember there was a lot of pain in your eyes, is it something related to what you experienced? You don't have to answer if you don't want to, Aadhya." She was silent for a moment and I checked if the call was cut, but no, after few minutes she said, "Let us leave this topic for another time, Arush." I immediately said, "I am sorry to upset you, take your time, Aadhya."

She smiled and said, "You got me wrong, Arush. It is not that I don't want you to share it with you, I want to share it with you, when you are beside me and holding me tight, so that I can for once, let everything out near you. I want you to be there to support me, hold me and assure me that you are there for me instead of talking this over a call." I felt bad for rising such a sensitive topic now and immediately diverted the topic by saying, "Mom is calling me downstairs, get home safe and call me after your dinner. There is something very important we need to discuss." After saying a bye to her I hung the call and went down to check why is mom shouting.

"What is wrong mom, why are you shouting so much?" I asked her descending the stairs. "What is not wrong, Arush? Your dad is being a big headache to me and not listening to me. Why don't you put some sense in his brain?" she exaggerated walking into the kitchen. I mentally rolled my eyes at my drama queen and said, "Dad, what did you do now to piss her so much?" Dad chuckled and said, "I might have told her that I am not going to wear the dress she bought for me?" I sighed and asked, "Why would you do that dad? Both of us know that she has the best taste between you two." He rolled his eyes at my words and said, "Because she denied to wear the saree, I bought for her."

That's it, I almost lost my mind. "DAD! Please don't tell me you gifted the saree to her and asked to wear it at my wedding." He scratched his head and sheepishly said, "Uh, yes, I did. So what?" I laughed and said, "No wonder she is so pissed off with you. Dad trust your son when he says you have the most horrible taste when it comes to fashion sense. So please listen to her and don't piss her on this issue anymore." He said OK with a sulking face and I went into the garden to get some fresh air.

If someone asked me if I am excited about my marriage and a starting a new phase of my life a month ago, I would have laughed so much, but here I am today, waiting to bring Aadhya to my home as my wife and proudly show the world that I belong to her.