CHAPTER XII

AARUSH'S POV

I woke to the sunrays hitting my eyes and wondered if mom opened the curtains. She always does that to wake me. I went downstairs after getting ready for the day and joined my mom and dad for breakfast. My dad asks mom, "Where is Viha? Isn't she going to join us for breakfast?" Mom said, "She already had her breakfast and is in the garden, FaceTiming Rishab" while passing a glass of juice towards me. Dad nodded his head and turned towards me, "What time are you going to Aadhya's home?"

"I'm not sure dad, whenever mom says," I replied and looked at mom. "Oh, I forgot to tell you, we will go there after the breakfast. I told we will be there by 10. Are you guys going for bowling Arjun?" asked mom. "Yeah, Arvind just texted that he would reach by 10. So, Vishal and I will start when you start. By the way did you tell your dear son why you actually brought the marriage proposal." I was confused at his words and looked towards mom to see her glaring at dad and shaking her head asking him to stop. "Mom, what is dad talking about?" I asked my mom. She sighed and said, "Nothing Aru, your dad is becoming crazy day by day. Don't bother his words."

I stopped eating my breakfast and folded my hands, so that they will tell me what they are talking about. "Give up Anvi, your son is one stubborn man here. Let me tell you something Aru, do you know your mom knew about your love for Aadhya for a month now. She went to AA foundations last month to make some donations and saw you leaving from there. We didn't know you have been going there until mom enquired there about you and found that you go there every single week and always ask the kids if Aadhya was there. That is when a mother's heart sensed her son's love and immediately enquired about Aadhya only to know she is the younger daughter of the Singhanias' with whom we were collaborating. Since then, she was waiting for the day of the merger, so that she can put forward this marriage proposal."

I was shocked hearing dad's words and found mom eating as if she did nothing. I asked, "Why didn't you tell all this to me earlier mom? Not even when I said she is the same girl I loved when you showed me her pic. You did so much for me and still why were you not letting dad tell me about this?" She softly smiled at me and patted my cheek with love, "That is what a mother is son. Selflessly loving her children, fulfilling their wishes and never bragging about it."

I was out of words. I whispered a small thank you to her before continuing my breakfast. Viha di entered the dining room and asked nervously, "Bua, what time are we going there? Is dad coming too?" Mom asked her to sit and said, "Bhaiya isn't coming as these people have bowling plans. I didn't tell anything to Vibha Bhabhi as I wanted to surprise her. So, Viraj will come along with her directly to Aadhya's home." Viha di happily nodded her head and said she will get ready and come in 10 minutes so that we can start.

I am so excited to see Aadhya. I remembered that I didn't text her yet and checked my mobile to see a message from her. I tapped it to read: Good morning Arush! Waiting to see you. I was happy to see that and replied : Good morning Soon-to-be Wifey. We are going to start in 15 minutes.

AADHYA'S POV

I blushed seeing the message from Arush, when Minnie took my mobile and teased, "What is that making you blush so much in the morning? Is it a message from Jiju?" I looked at her bored and said, "Fine, keep the mobile with you till whenever you want and stay like this without getting ready. They are going to start in 15 minutes, and I am sure Vibha aunty is going to faint seeing your avatar," I said pointing to her baggy shirt, boxers and nest, sorry her hair. She looked alarmed at my words and checked the time. Her expressions turned from shock to tense and ran to her room throwing my mobile into my hand.

I laughed behind her and saw Nani and Popsy ready to go somewhere. Popsy answered my unasked question, "We are going to Matheran and will be back by tomorrow morning. Your Nani wants to go there. Ravi and Rani are coming along with us." I smiled at him understanding what he meant and asked them to take care. My Popsy gifted my Nani a farmhouse in Matheran for their 25th anniversary and they love to spend time there often.