CHAPTER XXXVII

ARUSH'S POV

We are currently sitting in the infamous cable car of Zurich, waiting for it to start. Aadhya has been so excited for this ride, since we came here, but there were some repairs being done till yesterday. So, we covered all the other places in the meantime and will be leaving tomorrow afternoon to Paris. "Ha Minnie, stop freaking out and just inform Manvi whatever you want, she will take care of everything. If you already did, then why are we having this call? Ok, ok! I got it! Yeah, everything is going to be fine."

I pulled the mobile from Aadhya's hand and spoke to Ananya, "What are you even freaking for my dear SIL? Arey leave my poor wife and torture your so-called fiancé, who just texted me that he is chilling in chocolate room." I chuckled hearing her cursing Viru loudly before hanging our call to give a big lecture to Viru. He is gone! After what felt like ages, the cable car started and everything around us is just magical. I look at Aadhya who looks awestruck at the beauty of this place.

Halfway through our journey, the cable car stopped with a jerk. Aadhya who was sitting opposite to me, fell front due to the impact, but I immediately caught her and made her sit beside me. "Are you okay, Love?" She looked around frantically and said, "Yeah, I guess I'm fine. Is this supposed to stop like this or is it some issue?" I pressed on the help button towards my left and we heard through the speaker, "We are sorry for the inconvenience. There seems to be a technical issue and it should take about 30 minutes to fix this. Kindly be patient and do not panic."

"I am sorry, Arush! I shouldn't have forced you to bring me here. See we are stuck here only because of my over excitement," Aadhya apologized from beside me. "Are you crazy, Love? Why are you even apologizing for such silly things? I am equally excited about this ride. All that matters to me is spending some good time with you and here we are," I softly chided her for feeling guilty.

"Chalo, now that we have nothing to do, let's get to know about each other. We have been busy first and now travelling; didn't really sit and talk much. No skipping answers. Whatever maybe the question, we need to answer, ok?" With that we started asking each other random questions to know our likes and dislikes. "I really wanted to know this, but don't answer if you are uncomfortable, Love." Aadhya looked at me and said, "Come on, that wouldn't be fair. Ask whatever you want, I will answer without hesitation."

I was skeptical to bring this topic, but if we don't talk now, I don't think we can ever cross the barriers of hesitance and questions among us. "You always say you have accepted your parents' death, and you don't have any tears for them. But you always hesitate when their topic is brought. I have a feeling that there is so much in your heart, which you didn't vent out near anyone. Do you think, for once, you can stop worrying about everyone and share what you felt then, what you are feeling now?"

Aadhya adjusted herself by turning slightly towards me and placed her right hand on my hand and was about to say something, when the cable car started. It became awkward all of a sudden and I cursed the management for ruining our discussion. I looked at Aadhya who is just staring out silently, her eyes don't hold the same excitement which she had earlier. I moved closed to her and placed my hand over her shoulder. She leaned on to me and placed her head on my shoulder still watching out. The rest of the ride was very quiet, and I didn't know how to break the silence.

Aadhya has been quiet throughout the day and gave one-word answers to my questions. It was almost late evening by the time we reached our hotel, so we had a light dinner at the hotel's restaurant before going to our suite. Aadhya went to take a shower as soon as we entered our room. I didn't find Aadhya anywhere when I came after taking a long shower. I moved towards the patio, where Aadhya was resting on the make-shift bed, covered in a thick quilt, watching the beautiful night sky and the mountains.