CHAPTER VIII

AADHYA'S POV

I thanked Robin for the directions and went towards the lounge where he pointed to. It is an outdoor sitting near a glass railing with lot of plants near to it, a white u-shaped couch, beautiful red and white roses placed in a ceramic vase in the middle of the coffee table. I see two men sitting on one side of the couch looking at the sea, one of whom I recognized as Mr. Viraj. As I walked towards them, they stood up from the couch and gave me a small smile. I smiled back awkwardly and looked around, when one of them forwarded his hand and said, "Hi Aadhya! This is Arush and this is my cousin." I didn't let him complete and said, "Mr. Viraj Kapoor." I shook hands with Mr. Arush and looked at Mr. Viraj who was shocked that I knew him and looked behind me as if searching for Minnie.

I smiled a little at him and said, "She is just trying to calm down, will join us in a few minutes." Mr. Viraj hesitantly asked me, "Don't mind me asking, how do you know me, did Ananya share anything with you?" I sadly smiled at him and said, "I wish she shared everything with me but unfortunately, she didn't. I just happened to see her diary yesterday with your picture from graduation and something written about you. I also heard her crying in her room talking to your photograph today early in the morning, so I think I know who you are." Mr. Viraj looked pale and was about to say something when Mr. Arush held his hand to calm him.

Mr. Viraj told me how they met and what happened the day before. He was trying to control his emotions, but his voice gave away how difficult it is for him to talk about what happened yesterday. I listened to him calmly while Mr. Arush was looking at me keenly probably to guess my reaction. I felt angry with  whatever he said but understood his situation. Once he is done speaking, I said, "As much as I want to be angry with you, I understand your situation yesterday, I also know how much you mean to each other, but I wish I could change what happened yesterday as both of you are equally devastated. Just remember that rather than actions, words hurt more. Speaking in frustration is not really an excuse for you to hurt her, who has literally put you above her family, respecting your choices and your career.  She loves you and trusts you so much."

Mr. Viraj was about to ask me something, when I asked, "You are worried why she agreed to meet her prospective groom today, right?" He slowly nodded his head in a yes, when I continued, "Yesterday when my family told us about meeting you, she wasn't there. When my Nani has shown me your picture, I immediately recognized you and asked them to give us time to know you instead of seeing you pictures or biodata. So, she still doesn't know she is meeting you today. When I told her about meeting you, omitting your name, she wasn't ready, but I asked her to trust me and come with me. You should probably know by now that I am not only her cousin but her best friend for 20 years whom she blindly trusts. I know she will refuse to come if I say yesterday itself that you will be here. But I felt you both need a proper talk, let it be understanding each other's situation and moving ahead or having a proper closure. That is why I am here with her today, to help her be happy."

Mr. Viraj looked at me gratefully and thanked me for everything, while Mr. Arush was looking at me with an unknown emotion. It wasn't making me uncomfortable, but it was definitely awkward for me as someone is looking at me admiringly for the first time. Maybe I'm just reading too much. There was an awkward silence before Mr. Arush asked me if I would like to drink something. I was so thirsty but was hesitating, when he asked if a chocolate milkshake would do. I nodded my head slightly but internally I was happy coz it's my all-time favorite choice of drink. He ordered it through an intercom, while Mr. Viraj was growing impatient and looking at the direction I came here.

Mr. Arush asked him to calm down and excused himself to take a call, when Mr. Viraj said, "I am sorry that she had kept our relationship from you all but trust me it is because of me she didn't open up to you. I wanted to prove myself worthy, so that I can assure your family that she is in safe hands. She has always been guilty for hiding it from you and her dad." I nodded my head in understanding and said, "I know she would share it with us the first thing if she wanted to and I don't really blame you both for that. It's totally ok Mr. Viraj." He smiled at me and said, "Just Viraj should do." I nodded at him smiling.