CHAPTER X

ARUSH'S POV

I was waiting with Viraj and Robin pinged me that they have arrived. I told Viru the same and saw that he was so tensed, and I asked him to relax. After few minutes I heard the clicking of heels and turned to see Aadhya along with Robin. Seeing her after such a long time made my heartbeat increase. She was looking drop-dead gorgeous in a wine-red saree and long hair. She walked with a grace towards. We were shocked to hear she knew Viru already. Her eyes show that she is hurt at the fact that Ananya didn't share about Viru with her. She patiently heard to Viraj's side of story, while I tried to read what is running in her mind.

I am surprised to see her level of patience after hearing everything from Viraj and asked Ananya to trust her and hear to what Viraj has to say. Slapping Ananya wasn't something any of us expected, but when she gave her reason, I felt bad for what she had been through in the last 24 hours. When I honestly told her about how I feel she was surprised. I scolded myself when her voice was so emotional talking about her parents. It is as if she is going through the painful memories again and I felt bad for that. I realized she still misses them immensely and wish they are here with her. I know she will get all the love from my parents, as they would treat her like a daughter rather than a daughter-in-law.

I still didn't want her to feel pressurized about anything and asked her opinion about marrying me. When she said she is happy that it is Viraj whom Ananya loved, and that she feels the comfort and security with me which she missed since her father, I was on cloud nine. I just wanted to hug her and shout how much I love her but didn't want to act stupid and make her uncomfortable. I told her about my anger issues, and she just blushed when I asked her to tame the beast in me.

I called my mom to inform her to come over to the Singhania's home along with dad and Viraj's parents, as we want to go ahead with the weddings. My mom was squealing with happiness and so excited to meet Aadhya. I asked her not to tell anyone that I loved Aadhya since long, explaining about her Nani to which mom agreed. When Aadhya asked Ananya and Viraj to promise not to inform about their relationship to anyone, her eyes told that there was something she is hiding, which gave me an unsettling feeling but decided to stay calm.

Here we are at the parking lot, when Aadhya was moving towards her car, I wanted to stop her and ask if she would ride with me. Ananya stopped Aadhya and asked if she along with Viraj can take her car. Aadhya glared at her and shook her head as a big no. I thought she is not yet comfortable to ride with me. That is when Ananya turned towards me and sweetly asked, "Jiju, can you give us your car please, my sister here is a kanjoos and never gives her car to anyone. So can you oblige your only sister-in-law's first wish." I realized why Aadhya was not giving her car and laughed while throwing my keys at Viraj. Ananya happily pulled Viraj towards my car, and I said to her, "Keep calling me Jiju and all your wishes are going to be fulfilled dear SIL." They immediately left in my car.

I walked towards Aadhya and asked, "Shall we go now?" She asked me if I want to drive and I said moving towards the car and opened the passenger door, "I want to see you drive, so that I can stay peaceful in the future even when you go out anywhere alone, knowing that my wifey has great driving skills." She was blushing profusely at the word "wifey" and got into the car and turned on the ignition. She turned towards me to check if I have put my seat belt and pointed towards the seat belt when she noticed I didn't. I asked her teasingly, "Is this not where you are supposed to do it for me?" She rolled her eyes at me and turned off the ignition, tapping the steering with her fingers, waiting for me to put my seat belt, all the while looking ahead and trying to control the blush forming on her cheeks.

When she stayed like that for 2 more minutes, I gave up and latched my seat belt and said, "As much as I am loving to see you like this, I really want to reach your home fast to know when we will be each other's officially." She gave me a smile before turning on the ignition. It was a pleasant evening and there was not much traffic. After five minutes of our journey, Aadhya received a call, and she answered it on the car's Bluetooth. "Sweety, Anvitha just rang me, she is going to be here soon with her family as she wants to talk something important, and I asked her to come over for dinner. How long are you going to take, Minnie hasn't been answering my calls, I shouldn't have tried calling her in the first place. Oh god, they will be here soon, and I don't even know what to prepare for dinner. Did you guys start yet?" Mrs. Ankitha questioned Aadhya. She just shook her head smiling and said, "Mami, we just started, and Minnie left her mobile at home as it is broken. Please don't worry about us and I have already texted Sudhir to get the dinner for everyone and he will be there in 10 minutes. He will be there till the dinner is completed, to prepare anything in case we need, and I also asked Rani di to prepare few dishes. She will be on it. All I want you to do is just take few breathes and relax, Mami. I can't believe the managing director of one of the top chain of hotels in India, is panicking what to arrange for a dinner at her home. What time are the Malhotras' and Kapoors' reaching home?" she softly questioned.