CHAPTER XXXV

ARUSH'S POV

I held Aadhya till she calmed down and then made her sit on the couch. I looked at her who was silently staring at our hands. I waited patiently for her to speak. "I knew this was going to happen Arush! Dr Harshvardhan informed me last night that Dr Virendra saw our reception invitation, and I kind of guessed this will happen as I knew Dr Virendra's brother is a reporter. But what they have written is definitely not acceptable. I was so furious on seeing the contents of the article published in the morning. I also heard Ma, Papa and you talking in the morning. When I saw you all worried and trying to protect me, despite everything written about our family and you, I was determined to deal this in my way," Aadhya spoke for the first time after entering this room.

She was about to stand up, when I pulled her towards me and she landed on my lap. She looked at my face for a moment and then laid her head on my chest." I encircled my hands on her waist, pulling her closer to me and asked, "Why didn't you tell me earlier, Love?" She sighed and replied, "Because I know you Arush. You were calm only with the thought that I would freak out if you deal this issue your way after I come to know it. I know you would do everything in your hands, to keep me safe and away from things that hurt me Arush. I didn't want you to keep protecting me instead of worrying about what this news will do to your company, shares."

"I know, whatever you guys explain would only seem like a cover up but the media will not do any justice to the truth. That is why I wanted to talk directly, instead of you worrying about this. It is my family and I have the right to deal with the issues too. Am I right?" she asked lifting her head to look into my eyes. I smiled at her and said, "I should keep in mind to be careful with my attitude near you. God, you can literally put people in their place, just with your words, not to say, you still managed to keep that smile on your face, that was the terrifying part, didn't even know what was running in your mind behind that smile."

She laughed at my words, and I said, "Although I need to mention, you looked so hot there, when I saw you look innocent, but still gave answers simple and straight as if slapping them. Couldn't just stop ogling at you." I can see a red hue forming on her cheeks and she slapped me slightly on my chest and blushing profusely. I hugged her tight and said, "I am sorry, Love. I just don't know how you would have dealt with that, if you didn't know about the news. It would have been so difficult for you with the questions they have posed at you. I should have discussed everything with you, irrespective of whether you knew it or not."

She kept drawing circles with her finger on my chest and said, "I should have informed you too, instead of worrying you. Maybe from the next time, let us both make sure we discuss everything. Now let us go, everyone must be waiting for us," she tried getting out of my hold, but I held her still and whispered in her ears, "Love, though I am enjoying it, you squirming in my lap isn't going to help us, you are just giving someone a difficult time, who is begging to come out."

She immediately stilled in her place, and I see her expression turn from shock to embarrass to shy within fraction of seconds. She jerked away from me and ran towards my desk, holding it for support. I hugged her from behind, pulling her close towards me and said, "This is what you are doing to me." She turned towards me and hugged me tight before moving her lips close to my ears and whispered, "We should go pack for our honeymoon then" and slightly kissed my neck. I groaned at that and was about to kiss her, when we heard a knock and we moved away from each other startled.

Great, just great! Why don't people understand that we are newly married couple and need some, no, lot of privacy. I saw her trying to control her laugh and signaled her to open the door, while I moved into the restroom to calm down my dude. I came after some time to see my cabin completely empty. I grabbed my mobile from the desk and went outside locking the door behind me. I searched for everyone but didn't find any soul. I went to Dad's chamber and found everyone in the dining room attached to his cabin.