CHAPTER XXI

ARUSH'S POV

I have already been feeling guilty that I have to leave for work just a day after our wedding, but when Mom angrily asked me, I was unable to say anything. I turned towards Aadhya who was looking at her hands. Dad raised his hands as if he doesn't have a say in this when I looked at him for help. I was pacing around the room vigorously running my fingers through my hair. I saw Aadhya moving towards mom and made her to sit on the couch and sat beside her taking mom's hands in hers.

She softly said, "Ma, when asked about our choice of wedding dates, though Arush had this tender, he wanted to get married on 5th only. I asked him if it won't be a disturbance to him and you know what, he said that I can never be a hurdle to his work. The man who has been the busiest supporting the MK groups soon after his graduation, decided not to go to work for one month only for me. Even now, only because this is an emergency, he wants to go Ma, both of us know he wouldn't leave for work the very next day of our wedding, leaving me at home, if it is not so important for him. I want to be his strength, supporting him always to reach success in everything he does. How can I be selfish and not let him go Ma. It is just a matter of two days, but when he achieves his goal, it would be a lifetime happiness for him, for all of us, Ma. Please."

I was so moved hearing her words, while dad was looking at Aadhya with a proud smile. Mom looked at her with tears and said, "Thanks for being a part of this family, Aadhya." She then looked at me and said, "You can go, Arush," I was about to thank her when she showed her hand to stop me and continued, "Aadhya is also going with you!" I sighed and said, "Mom, I know what you are saying, but if Aadhya comes, she has to stay at home alone till I return from office. Here she has everyone, mom."

Mom stood and said with a finality in her voice, "Either you take her along with you, or you are not going. Decide whatever you want." I looked at Aadhya who was looking at me as if saying sorry, but I smiled at her and said, "Come Aadhya, let us do the packing quickly." I held her hand and started going upstairs while talking to my personal assistant to book tickets for the next available flight to Bangalore immediately. I gestured Aadhya to pack for three days and went to the study to take the required files. By the time I came out, Aadhya has already packed for us both and was standing near the bed, nervously playing with the end of her saree.

"I am really sorry, Arush. I don't want to--" I didn't let her continue and said, "don't even dare complete Aadhya. I wish I asked you earlier to come with me instead of asking if I can go. I will change and come quickly. After that you can go and change so that we can start. Our flight is in two hours, so it is better we start early, can't trust the Mumbai traffic." I kissed on her forehead and went to change. I came after changing into a deep brown two-piece suit and said, "I just have to inform dad few things, why don't you come down after changing, Love. I will send someone to get the luggage after you come down."

I went down to see the hall empty, so went towards my parents' room and was about to go in but stopped when I heard mom saying, "This is not correct Arjun. He needs to understand that Aadhya is his priority now. I am happy he is working to fulfil this dream project of ours, but he is taking it way more emotionally than professionally. I don't want Aadhya to be hurt in this process. Did you not see how worried she was when she saw Arush angrily going to his room. I am worried that his anger rules him sometimes."

I knock on their door to notify that I was coming and said, "Dad, we have our flight in 2 hours. So, we will leave in 10minutes." We all went to the hall where Aadhya was waiting for us, changed into a simple sky-blue saree. She stood when we entered the hall and I see our driver, Vijay come in to take the luggage. We took blessings from mom and dad, while mom did our tilak and fed us sweet curd, wishing me all the best. "Aadhya, I have informed our security, Raj and his wife Rama to clean the house and stock the food. So, just let them know if you need anything, when Arush is off to work," said mom.