CHAPTER IX

AADHYA'S POV

I understood what he meant and suddenly it was awkward for us both. I was playing with the end of my saree, while he was rubbing the nape of his neck awkwardly. I nodded my head in a yes when he suggested if we can take a walk down the stairs which lead to the beach. He ran to inform Viraj and grabbed a pineapple juice and a chocolate shake from a new tray which Robin just brought for us. I took the chocolate shake from Mr. Arush and said a thank you while we started to walk down the steps. Half-way through the steps, he asked if I wanted to sit there for some time. I agreed and sat on one of the steps, while he settled beside me. Though there was a little gap between us, his presence near me is increasing my heartbeat.

We were slowly sipping our drinks when he adjusted himself to face me, and I did the same. He broke the silence and asked, "So, Aadhya, why don't we talk something rather than sitting in silence. Don't you want to know about me or are you here only for Viraj and Ananya?" He sounded upset at his last words. "If truth be told, I didn't just come to reunite them, I came here with an open mind to get to know you, I am just not sure where and how to start a conversation," saying I gave him a small smile.

He sighed in relief and said, "Glad to know that, anyways let me be honest with you Aadhya. I saw you the first time in the global conference held in Singapore. Your thoughts, ideology, your smile, everything mesmerized me so much. I again saw you after a year for the inauguration of AA foundations where I came as the guest of honor instead of my dad. Seeing you there after a long time, playing with the innocent kids, your down to earth nature, made me fall for you. After knowing you are the founder of the shelter, which you built in memory of your parents, made me want to be with you in every step of your life. I often came to the shelter to meet the kids and also to see you, but I didn't have a chance to meet you, probably we might have come on different days. And here, after four long years, I am destined to meet you again, all thanks to my mom for this proposal."

I didn't know how to describe what I am feeling right now. This is the first time someone talked to me this way, admired me and loved me all along without knowing about me much because he liked my thoughts, my ideology and my morals. This is what I have been saying yesterday to Minnie, there were butterflies in my stomach and my heart just skipped it's beat hearing his words. I looked at my hands and asked him showing the chocolate shake, "Did you know I love this?" He grinned and nodded his head saying, "Every single time I saw you in the global conference, I saw one in your hand. So, I guessed you must love it so much."

I smiled at his words and asked if we can go near to the beach. He stood and waited for me to stand, but I somehow managed to tangle my saree and was unable to stand, that is when he offered his right hand to help me stand. I held his hand with my left hand, stood and was walking, when his mobile rang, and I immediately left his hand realizing we were still holding hands. It was quite embarrassing but there was a sense of comfort when I am near him. I asked him, "Do you know about my parents?" He nodded his head in a yes and said, "I knew they are no more but nothing else. Uh, do you want to talk about it?"

I sadly smiled and said, "I wish I can talk so much about them, but I don't really remember anything except the day of their accident. I tried several times to recall my memories with them, but it is hidden in some dark corner of my brain and trying to regain those memories has always made me fall sick. After some point, I gave up trying anymore. I remember that they loved me so much and we were a happy family but nothing more. When my health started to deteriorate, my Mamu and Mamu brought me to Mumbai, I still have my home back in Bangalore but never dared to step in after that night. Maybe because I can't go through the pain once again. Losing them in front of my eyes had broken me so deeply Mr. Arush, but here I am, after collecting all the broken pieces myself and this is me."