Ch. 14: Love

I'm stretching for gym class, actually enjoying the activity until it's interrupted. My idiot brother flings a camera around, a girl stumbling behind him as he rambles about something. He zooms in a little too much on Stella, causing her to glare up while pushing him away.

"Shawn."

He looks at me, the camera in his hands following him as I look up from my toe touch. I glare as he smiles, zooming in on my face while the girl clears her throat. She's a pretty brunette with matching eyes and a tan complexion.

"Hey, Stace!"

"What are you doing in here? This is a sophomore gym class..."

I move to the next position, stretching out my shoulders and arms while he continues to film me. The girl beside him decides to speak up, a bit of a Spanish accent coming out as she smiles at me.

"We're doing a video project where we're asking people they're views about love and sex..."

My eyes widen as I look between her and my brother. I clear my throat, switching arms as I nod.

"Okay..uh..I'll start with this...no matter what type of relationship it is, be it friends, family, or any other...communication is the most important thing."

"What? Like..talking?"

"Yes, Shawnie...talking."

Shawn gives me a look, silently gesturing towards his partner. I smirk, moving to sit down. I stretch out one leg, reaching for my toes as Shawn crouches down in front of me.

"For example...how close are we, Shawn?"

"I don't know..." the girl gives him a look, making him clear his throat. "I mean..you're my sister, of course we're close..."

"That doesn't matter. We have other siblings and we're not close to them..."

"What's your point?"

"My point is, Shawnie bear.." I switch legs, my smirk widening as his partner holds back a giggle. "Is that we both made sure that we talked and communicated..even when I was halfway across the world..."

"I guess...but..what does this have to do with sex or love?"

"Having a healthy relationship is the first step of love...speak to your partners or spouse, even when you feel like you can't...that's the best way to show your love. That also means listening to what the other person has to say. You can't communicate if it's all one sided....That and respecting them and yourself..."

I point towards the camera, my eyes drifting between Shawn, his partner, and the lens on the camera. The girl nods, seeming to understand while looking towards the wall. Shawn nods before pointing the camera towards the wall. He leans in close, his voice low as he looks towards the Hispanic girl still lost in thought.

"What if they aren't fully fluent in your language?"

I give Shawn a look, hiding my amusement with a smile. I drop my voice, leaning in close to his ear to whisper.

"Then maybe...learn to speak their language."

I shove him back, making him almost fall as Stella gives me a look from beside me in the line up. Shawn catches himself and the camera, laughing it off while glancing at the females around us. He moves the camera back on me before looking at his project partner.