Ch. 17: Baseball

"Practice is at five tomorrow...."

I sigh, relaxing as we finally get to stop practicing. This week is a big game between a John Addams and our rivals. Demi has been pushing us a lot harder since learning that their cheer team wants to do a 'cheer off'.

Whatever the hell that is...

"Finally..."

Samara and I nod towards each other as Sadie collapses into Stella. We move towards the locker room, all covered in sweat and huffing for air.

"Stacy!"

I stop, nodding for the twins to continue dragging Sadie into the locker room. Demi walks up, looking at a chart in her hands.

"You have a car, right?"

"Yeah?"

"Good. I need you to pick up a few girls tomorrow before practice."

"But-"

"Here's there addresses and numbers...pick up this one first."

I look at the name, groaning as I see who it is. Before I can argue, Demi leaves out the side entrance to the gym. I huff, turning towards the locker room with a glare now on my face.

——

"What's your problem?"

I sigh, looking at Samara as she braids Sadie's hair. We're all at the blonde's house having a sleep over. Stella looks up from painting my nails, cocking her head as she nods.

"Yeah? You've been off since practice..."

"Your lovely sister gave me the task of picking up a group of people before practice tomorrow..."

"That's not that bad..."

"Natalie is at the top that list."

"That sucks..."

A bang hitting the outside wall causes us to all jump. I look over towards Sadie, who groans as she moves to look outside.

"The kids across the road..."

"What did they do..launch a nuke at us?"

"No. They just got carried away with a baseball..."

I look outside, rolling my eyes as I see Shawn and Cory outside the Matthews. Of course it's them.

"I didn't realize you lived across from the Matthews..."

"Stella...we've never been to her house until today. Of course we didn't know."

"Can it, Samara..."

I huff, looking at Sadie as we both ignore the twins.

"How often do they do that?"

"All the time. They've even broke my window a few times."

I stand, grabbing my shoes as they all look at me like I'm crazy.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm going over to scold them! What does it look like?"

"Wait...Shawn's staying at the Matthews, right?"

"Yeah..."

"And Eric is stuck watching them all while Mrs. and Mr. Matthews have a night away, right?"

I nod as I look at Stella as she stands, a smirk starting on her face. Sadie and Samara look at her, the latter also smirking as I cross my arms.

"What is it?"