Chapter 4:Ella

I walk into the kitchen. A good smell catches my attention. My stomach growls, Dylan turns and looks at me.

"I am making a snack before supper," he says. He turns around and I go to stand behind him on my tippy toes, but I still can't see the food.

"Still short?" he says before his hands starts to move. He must be stirring the food.

"Still dumb?" I question. He moves aside for me to see noodles on the stove, "Please share with me?"

"Sure, but remember you are making dinner today," he says, before getting me a bowl.

"Yep, I am thinking of making Dal Gosht," I inform him as he gets a fork for my bowl.

"My favourite," he says as the fork makes a sound from being put into the bowl.

"No, my favourite," I correct him.

"I was born first, so I dibs it," he says before taking the noodles off the stove.

"You can't have everything first just because you were born first," I shriek.

"I really can," he answers. I open the cupboard to get myself a cup of juice.

"Ella, dad's old gym contacted me, they said we should check them out," Lucas says while he walks in with his phone in his hand and the other in his jeans left pocket.

"Sure, what time?" I question, not wanting to keep Lucas busy while he is doing a course. Lucas is studying to be a pilot at university, and I think it is really important for him to be studying and not burdened by my siblings and me.

"Maybe just before we eat," he responds, putting his phone in his back pocket.

"She is making dinner though," Dylan says giving Lucas a shocked expression.

"I cooked yesterday, Dylan swap with her for one day," Lucas changes his stance to be facing Dylan instead of me.

"No but it is-" Dylan starts but Lucas cuts him off.

"Would you rather play Squash with Ella?" Lucas crosses his arms over his chest, "because last time I checked you don't like squash and squash is what keeps Ella sane."

Father would always play squash with me. What if I can no longer play squash because it reminds me of my father and how I can no longer run into his arms after I have won a squash match or how I won't be able to see him outside the glass when I am playing squash cheering me on. Father would always try to come to every game to watch and support me.

"Breath, Ella breath," Lucas says, wrapping his arms around me.

"What, if I can no longer play squash," I say between breathes. Trying to even out my breathing, "I left my racket at," someone from behind hugs me.

"Shh, I brought it, I knew you couldn't see the racket without thinking of father, and I didn't want to think about you picking it up. I brought your racket," the person behind me says, Dylan says. My twin always knew what I was feeling even if he never said anything.

"Th-Thank y-you," I say between breathes.

"If you're not up for going to the gym I understand," Lucas says as he rubs my arm for me while Dylan lets go of me.

Do I want to go to the gym? Should I, or shouldn't I? I can't be afraid forever, I have to face my fears but I might not be ready to let my father go yet.

Am I ready to try and paly squash but without my father and without him cheering me on or standing and supporting me?