Chapter 5: Theo

Finishing up my last rep for my arms. I will do my legs later after I play a little squash just to make sure I am still good.

The best thing about inheriting my father's genes is I can do a lot of different workouts which focuses on different parts of my body and be alright but I do have to put in the extra effort when it comes to feeling the pain from building muscle.

"Tomorrow, in history we are apparently going to do the history of Werewolves, humans and vampires," Chase says, coming up from doing his last rep. Nathan is sparing him.

"We do it every year, why do they keep drilling it into us," Nathan says, as he moves to be underneath the bar. Chase gets up and moves to be sparing Nathan.

"I don't know," I turn my head to look at the TV with the time. Two figures capture my attention.

One seems to look like Lucas Lovell and the other seems to be someone who I seem to dislike. She gets all the guy's attention and her being kind has to be an act. No one is ever that kind unless- Nope, can't be. Just can't be.

"Why are they here?" I question, turning to look back at my friends.

"You do realise they are also living beans which means they would also want to keep fit and in shape," Chase says, he looks attentively at Nathan doing his reps. Nathan puts the bar back and gets up too see who we're are talking about.

"Ella is so hot, why would she want to gym with a body like hers?" Nathan says, checking her out. She is wearing an oversized T-shirt. I don't know if she has pants underneath or not, but I don't care.

"Dude, I called dibs first," Chase says shooting Nathan a look.

"You guys are objectifying her," I say, before going back down to do more reps for my arms. It annoys me how almost everybody is wrapped around her finger or want to smash her. Like what is so great about her. Yeah, so maybe she does have a good body but still. I don't get the hype with her.

"Is someone jealous?" Nathan says with his breathe a little heavy from the weight he is lifting.

"No, quiet the opposite actually," I say, Chase's head pops into my vision, he towers over me.

"Okay, then, let's go play some squash. Try outs are in a few weeks," Chase bosses me. I grunt as I see Ella and Lucas walking past us as I sit up. She has a smile on her face.

The tour guide is speaking to her, "Ella, your father would always say how proud he is of you for playing Squash. We have squash courts available for you to play as well."

Ella's expression drops quickly with a hint of pain before she smiles again. She recomposes herself.

Great, what if she tries out for the team? With her reaction to someone bring up her father, she might not robe ready to play but what if she tries out and is good? I don't remember Mr Lovell saying his daughter was good at squash.

"We will first go and see the dance studio, I know Ella use to dance," the tour guide says.

Making Ella laugh, "I'm quite clumsy so I wouldn't say, use to dance... More like hope I don't hurt myself or others."

"True, she is pretty clumsy most of the time," her brother Lucas says as he tries to bite back a laugh.

This gym is my escape from everything and not I need an escape from here if Ella comes. I don't know why but when she is around me, my senses heighten. It's like the environment isn't safe for me. I wonder if she is stalking me. First my city, then the same school as me and now even the same gym.

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆

I run as the ball bounces on the floor and hit the ball. It hits the wall in front of me, just above the middle red line.

"So, the new girl," Chase says, as he hits the ball. I run to his side to hit the ball.

"Can we not do this now," I say, as he runs in front of me to hit the ball. The ball bounces from the wall in front to the left side wall just below the red line.

I run just behind where the ball bounces before hitting it a little harder this time.

"Why are you like that towards the new girl," Chase says as he hits the ball. He runs a little bit backwards as I run to the right. I move just behind where the ball bounces before hitting it towards the wall.

"Everyone is obsessed with her, even the girls are talking about her, and I don't see the hype. She seems pretty normal," I answer as he misses the ball.

He gets the ball before standing with on foot in the box for serving, "Yes but where is it coming from."

He hits the ball. The ball hits behind the line, which means it is in. I hit the ball and wait for Chase to return it.

"I don't know. It's just when she is around me all my senses are heightened, like I am on protective mode for... I don't know, myself," I answer as he hits the ball. The ball returns from the wall to his side. I run and backhand the ball.

"Okay," he says but I can feel him having a grin on his face. Like he knows something.

What does he know?