Chapter 29: Theo

"Ella is my mate!" I say after all the guesses have left to my family and friends.

"Knew it," Chase and Nathan say at the same time, high fiving each other.

"I am so proud of you for finally admitting it," my mother beams with pride.

"You all knew?" I question loudly.

"Yes!" everyone screams at me.

"And no one thought of telling me?" I frantically swing my arms around me.

"I tried to, you had come to your own conclusions," my father pitches in.

"How'd you find out?" mother changes my attention from my father to her.

"We kissed and I felt the mate bond half snap into place," I inform them, "I have no idea, how we even ended up kissing but it happened in the moment. I am grateful for the moment otherwise I wouldn't have figured out she was my mate until later."

The mate bond will fully snap into place when she turns 16- or it should but sometimes there an be delays.

I have to make it up to Ella for being a jerk of a friend and plead to show what an amazing person, friend and mate I am.

"What if Ella overthinks the connection between you guys?" Nathan questions, I look at him confused and everyone else does too.

"One out of four people who are mated to werewolves, think they aren't their werewolf's mate, and it is said to mainly happen for Alpha's or Luna's with human mates," Nathan adds.

I hope she isn't the one to overthink our connection. I really hope she can feel the bond.

"I can message her later and see if she is overthinking," Chase pitches in.

"No, I will," my voice comes out stone cold, something just took over me at the thought of another man taking care of Ella- it is supposed to be me taking care of her, checking up on her, being closer to her, having a good relationship with her. The Moon Goddess chose her to be my mate for a reason.

"Sorry, Chase would be a better option," my hands ball into a fist, my jaw tightens, "You are closer to her then I am!"

It should be me being closer to her. I might have ruined my chances being with her because she made me feel uneasy, protective, confused with the feelings stirring in my chest but I need to take responsibility for my actions. I must make it up to her.