Chapter 9: Theo

I sit down to have dinner with my parents. My mother had made steak tonight.

My father cuts through his meat first and feeds it to my mom, my parents always do that.

"Guess who I ran into today at the doctor," My father moves the fork away from my mother's mouth, and she chews the steak.

"Who?" I question, wondering why my father is bringing this up.

"Ella Lovells," my father answers as my mother swallows. When my mom swallows my father and I are allowed to eat. It is tradition for the wife to eat the first bite because she has cooked the food.

"Mr. Lovells child?" my mother questions as I take the fork and knife into my hands. My dad nods.

Of course, she needs a doctor, I knew something wasn't right with her.

"She obviously needs a doctor, everyone else is obsessed with her body, maybe she got surgery for her body and needs to keep up the appearance," I say before taking a bit of the steak on my fork.

"Why would you say that?" my father gives me a disapproving look and a disappointed look. I swallow the food in my mouth.

"I have no idea but when I am around her, my senses heighten and when she hugged Chase, I had this ball of hatred in my chest. I can normally control my anger but in that instinct, I had no idea who I wanted to punch more- her or my best friend," I take a sip of water from my favourite cup, "when I feel her presence, my body goes into a protective mood, and I do not like it. She is bad news."

My parents give me a look, the same look Chase and Nathan gave me when I explained my feelings to them as if they know something which I haven't figured out yet.

"Also, the first day, she read me, no one has ever been able to do that besides for you guys. She understood I didn't want to talk to her and-" I start but my father interrupts me, "as if she saw you didn't want to speak instead of others saying you looked distracted or focus on your thoughts?"

I nod my head. My dad looks over to my mom and my mom looks over to him. They must be communicating by the mate bond.

"The next time we have something planned, you should invite her," my mother says before turning her attention to her plate of food.

"I just explained why I can't be around her and you want me to invite her?" I question, the next city plan is in a weeks' time. I could get close to figure out why I am the way I am when I am around her.

"Yes, my son. Maybe you can understand why you have those feelings when she is around," my mother says, my father nods in agreement with her.

I really wished I knew what they said but a downside of being a werewolf, is you can not listen on a conversation going on in someone's head, especially if it is the mate bond. Most of the time, I love when they use the mate bond specially to express their love in words, but it was the first time, I wanted to know what they were talking about or thinking about with the information I told them.

"Eat," my father looks at my hands not moving or the movement I have yet to make to eat.