Chapter 14

I stepped into the room allocated to me in the Min mansion. I will not lie, I really like this room, but this is not my home. This is not how things are supposed to be. I turned to face Yoongi. He was expressionless as usual. I have only ever seen him in two states; he's either angry, or blank.

"Yoongi..."

He turned to look at me when his name escaped my lips. I felt a tingling in my stomach the moment his eyes met mine.

"Listen, Yoongi, I don't want to marry you. You know I'm engaged. Besides, I'm not-"

"I'm not interested in this any more than you are."

"What?"

I would be lying if I said that didn't affect me. I felt insulted; this was the first time someone had rejected me.

"You thought I had a crush on you?"

I didn't know what to say.

"You're only here because my mother wills it, Vynyla. To think that you have a say in the matter," Yoongi smirked, "I don't give a shit about you. Mother has been so lenient with you; I just don't understand what's going on in her head. Do you even know how much of a nuisance you are?"

My eyes sought the floor. Goddammit, why am I even feeling guilty?

"Just go to your room, and don't cause any further trouble."

With that he left.

I fell on the bed, speechless. My blood started to boil. What the fuck is wrong with me? Why am I letting these people control me so easily?

~ x ~

"Is she all right?" A-Yeong asked, concerned. "She's fine," Yoongi replied.

"Did you two talk?"

Yoongi tried to discern what kind of answer his mother was expecting. She appeared nonchalant, but her eyes betrayed a slight eagerness and excitement. Yoongi smiled internally. "I suggest you ask her," he replied before walking away. "Boring," A-Yeong pouted.