Chapter 36

"Argh!"

The impact of the wall hitting his back was felt strongly by the man. He had been beaten up pretty badly, and his back hitting the wall enhanced the pain in his body. Up until then, he had prided himself on his escaping skills, but today he had met his match.

Black Bird took slow, threatening steps towards the man. The closer he stepped, the more the man crawled back, pushing against the wall. "Who sent you?" Black Bird growled, his iron pipe pressing against the man's forehead. "I won't ask you a second time," Black Bird said in an intimidating low voice when the man remained silent, the slit on the end of his pipe digging into the man's skin. The man only glowered in response. Black Bird smirked, drawing his pipe away. The man blinked before realisation hit him, and he fell unconscious on the floor as a powerful blow landed on the side of his head.

~ x ~

The man slowly opened his eyes and found himself tied to hooks on a wall. His eyes widened when he saw his capturer moving towards him with a knife in his hands. Sweat broke out on his forehead with every step Black Bird took towards him. A howl escaped him as Black Bird's knife pierced the sensitive skin dangerously below his stomach. "It was an American!" the man yelped as Black Bird dug the knife deeper. "Who was it?" he demanded, pausing momentarily for a response. "I...I don't know," the man stuttered. Black Bird pushed the knife again. "It's the truth!" the man yelled, "He...he gave me money...half of it...I have to collect the rest...from a trash can near Gangnam Bridge." The man was now drenched in sweat. Black Bird withdrew his knife. The man fainted with a moan.

"What do we do with him?" Seokjin jerked his head towards the unconscious man. "Kill him," Black Bird left the room.

~ x ~

Jonathan collapsed onto the floor. "This is all your doing, isn't it?" Jimin pulled him back up with his collar and punched him in the face, making him meet the floor again. Jonathan looked up at Jimin, blood trickling down his nose and colouring his teeth. Jimin pulled out his revolver and pointed it at Jonathan. Eyes ablaze, he was a millimetre away from pulling the trigger when he felt a weight on his shoulder. "Hyung," Jimin warned more than greeted Seokjin.

~ x ~

I blinked as I felt a weight on my lap. Jungkook's head rested on my thighs as he faced the window. "Are you awake yet?" he said and I blinked a few times in confusion before it hit me, "Was I spaced out that long?" "Yes," Jungkook sighed, getting up and sitting beside me, "Did you confess to boss yet?". "W-What do you mean?" I felt the heat rising in my cheeks. Jungkook shook his head, "I guess you guys are going to take it slow." "Hey, just because we kissed doesn't mean-" "It means, no, it SHOWS that you are head-over-heels in love with him," Jungkook cut me off. I could feel myself turning into a tomato.

We were in the living room and Yoongi stepped in through the door just then. I unwittingly hurried up to him with a smile, only to be pushed away with a serious tone, "I'm busy, I'll talk later."

Jungkook received me with a chuckle as I gloomily walked back to him. "Easy there, love bird. He's just busy, he doesn't hate you," he said. "How did you..." I couldn't complete the sentence. It was too embarrassing to admit. Jungkook laughed, "Ji Ah loves romance tropes. She forced me to watch and read all her favourite rom-com movies and books, and now I'm unfortunately too familiar with almost every love trope in existence. And I'm telling you, it's extremely, agonizingly boring."

"I'm going to start a podcast," I smirked, "Love Guidance with JJK - find the solution to all your love problems-"

"In your dreams!"