Chapter 33

Seokjin rested his chin on his hands and sighed. He looked intently at the 27-year-old standing in front of him. "Okay," he said, "I'll tell Jonathan to report to you from now on."

Jimin smiled, "Thank you, hyung."

Seokjin laughed to himself as Jimin left his office. He couldn't blame him; if he would have been in his place, he would've done the same. "No wonder Yoongi adores him so much," Seokjin mused, "He cares so much about us. He is loyal and trustworthy, a friend anyone would be blessed to have in their life."

Jimin got into his car with a satisfied sigh. He would never go against his hyungs, but he would never let anything happen to them either. Jonathan was a crook; he was sure of it. If the hyungs wanted him, then so be it, but he had to be under his watchful eye. Jimin reached his place after a 30-minute drive. No sooner did he get down from his car than he picked up a call from Jonathan, "My greetings to you, sir. I have been informed that I am to be reporting to you from now on." "Yes," Jimin said, "Come and see me in my office as soon as you can."

~ x ~

"Bravo, ma'am! You've finally gotten the hang of it!"

I grinned at the shooting instructor who raised his hands to clap.

Yoongi decided it was high time I learned how to shoot. My face turned crimson when he described with too many details how stupid I looked when I pointed my gun at him back during the Jeonbuk hotel raid. "The funniest part was," he said, "You were freaking out at the mere thought of pulling the trigger. I could see it in your eyes. Yet you were acting all brave and threatening, as if you really had the guts to shoot me!" he made no efforts to hide his mockery and laughter as he spoke those words. "I wish you had killed me that day," I mumbled, not finding the courage to look into his eyes. Unfortunately for me, my words fell on his ears, and he leaned closer to me, answering in a low, deep voice, "If I did, darling, how would I have had the pleasure of making you blush so hard?" My crimson turned into a deep red as I turned away, "Just get me a damn instructor."

"Yin! If you're done I'm hungry!" Jungkook whined, playing with the chair he was sitting on. Jungkook was younger than me, but I wouldn't let him call me noona. I didn't like it. It was not something specific to Jungkook; I didn't like being called noona by people who were only a few years younger than me. It made me feel old. "Can we call it a day?" I turned towards the instructor, who nodded with a smile. I turned back towards Jungkook, only to see him quickly get up from the chair and steady himself. "How's your practice going?" Yoongi appeared behind me, explaining the sudden change in Jungkook's demeanour. "Good!" I sported a big smile, holding up my gun as if it were a trophy. Yoongi laughed, "Show me, then."

I positioned myself in front of the target board and shot a bull's eye. "Great!" Yoongi clapped lightly, but it was enough to release a thousand butterflies in my stomach. "If you want to take a break, how about we go grab some ice cream?" he said, making me raise my eyebrows, "Since when did you become like this?"

"Become like what?" Yoongi presented a confused look, but I could tell that he got what I said. "Oh come on," I huffed, crossing my arms. "I can and will have ice cream with my wife whenever I feel like it," Yoongi crossed his arms in response. I rolled my eyes, "I'm not-" "Married to me yet?" Yoongi completed, pushing me till my back hit a wall. His hand rested on the side of my neck, a finger brushing the skin beneath my earlobe. He was standing close. Too close. I shut my eyes, unsure of which emotion's response that was. There were too many in me right now. "Ah, look who's getting all ready to kiss me," Yoongi teased, inching closer. "L-let go, what a-are you doing?" I stuttered, internally slapping myself to keep calm. "Say that you want to go out with me and I will," Yoongi said, and I nodded my head, "Let's go out!"

~ x ~

I licked vanilla ice cream off my spoon, my attention fixed on Yoongi who sat opposite me. I had a bunch of questions I was debating whether to ask him or not. Yoongi looked up from his cup when he felt my eyes on him, "Yes?"

"Well...I..." I hesitated, having still not made up my mind to ask him. "Don't think, just say it," he said, focusing back on his tangerine-flavoured ice cream. "Why am I here, Yoongi? What is my purpose? Is it really just to marry you?" I asked. "JUST marry me?" Yoongi looked up from his ice cream, amused, "Being Black Bird's wife is no joke. Has your stay in my house taught you nothing?"

"It has. It has taught me that I am far from the bare minimum, forget qualified, to be your wife," I replied. Yoongi raised his eyebrows, "One moment you call me a criminal and the next you say you're not good enough for me. It's true that it's impossible to understand a woman's mind." "Let us put aside the fact that I don't like you at all," I said. I had to have answers today. "I can't threaten people, forget killing them. I can't boss people around like A-Yeong can. I don't even know how to fight." "You did a pretty good job threatening me in Jeonbuk," Yoongi said and I flung my spoon at him, colour bursting into my cheeks, "How long will you tease me about it? Just shut up already!" Yoongi chuckled. "Hm," he began, resting his arms on the table, "If this is bothering you, then let me tell you this. Do you remember the first time we met?"

I thought. "When you came with the bullet wound?"

"Yes," he smiled.

"What about it?"

"You took the bullet out for me, although it was quite painful," he said and I opened my mouth to protest, but he continued, "Your hands weren't shaking."

I waited for him to go on, but he didn't. I frowned. What was he trying to say?

"You were surprised to see the bullet," he explained when he saw me with a question mark, "But that was it. You were unperturbed, focused on treating me. Your calmness amazed me. Any other person would have freaked out and panicked, and I would have had to use my gun to control them and get the job done."

"I was stupid, not calm," I mumbled. Yoongi shook his head, "You were level-headed enough to put aside your prejudices and attend to the most important task at hand. That alone shows that you have it in you to become what you're thinking you can't."