Chapter 1: Intro

Dante Blackwood was the CEO of Blackwood Industries, a multinational corporation that specialized in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals. He was one of the richest and most powerful men in the world, but he had a secret that everyone knew: he was a single father to a five-year-old daughter named Chloe.

Chloe was a clever and witty girl, but she had trouble making friends. She was outspoken and sarcastic, and often challenged her father's authority. She only smiled or laughed when she was mocking someone, and Dante didn't care about her happiness.

One day, he had to bring her to his office, because she refused to go to school or stay with the nanny. She said she wanted to spend the day with him, but he knew she was lying. She just wanted to cause trouble for him and his work, but he didn't have a choice.

He introduced her to his assistant, Zoe, who was a kind, simple, and beautiful woman. Zoe had been working for Dante for two years, and she was loyal, efficient, and reliable. She had a warm and friendly personality, and she always treated Dante with respect and professionalism.

Zoe smiled and greeted Chloe, and offered to show her around the office. Chloe looked at her with disdain and boredom, and said sarcastically:

"Wow, you're so nice and helpful. Are you trying to impress my dad or something? You know he doesn't care about you, right? He only cares about himself and his money."

Zoe was shocked and hurt by Chloe's words, but she tried to hide her emotions. She said calmly:

"No, I'm not trying to impress anyone. I'm just doing my job. And I'm sure your dad cares about you very much. He brought you here to spend some time with him, didn't he?"

Chloe snorted and rolled her eyes. She said mockingly:

"Yeah, right. He brought me here to get rid of me. He doesn't want to spend time with me. He doesn't want to spend time with anyone. He's too busy and important for that. He's the great Dante Blackwood, the king of the world."

Dante heard Chloe's voice and walked over to them. He felt a surge of annoyance and impatience, and said to Zoe:

"She's your problem for the rest of the day. Don't disturb me and here's my golden card. Buy whatever you and she likes." He tossed his credit card to Zoe and walked away, leaving her stunned and speechless.

He wondered if this was the end of his responsibility for his daughter, and maybe the beginning of a new trouble for himself.

***
Guys, I hope you like this story. I put my heart, mind, and soul in writing this, so please vote for it and share your comments. I'll be glad to make it flow how you like it. Share your thoughts, and please vote for it.😊