Chapter 6: The Office

The next day, Zoey arrived at the office a little early and started doing her job. She got lost in her work that she didn't notice Mr Blackwood standing at the door looking at her. As time went by,  she noticed an intense gaze on her that she couldn't help but look up. When she looked up, their eyes met, and she froze in her position.

"G-good morning, Mr Blackwood, I didn't notice you standing there. Is there something you need? "

"No, I want nothing, but I just wanted you to tell me my schedule for the day," he said, taking a seat on the couch.

Zoey muffled papers and files on her desk, looking for her work iPad. One could easily tell that she was nervous.  She wasn't used to Dante coming into her office or asking anything.

"Found it yet?"he asked impatiently

"Yes, sorry I wasn't expecting you in another 20 minutes. (Sigh) Today, you just have a meeting at 12 with the IT department. I cleared it because you have to attend a bash for the anniversary of The King family's first son that will be at seven"

"I see." He said, getting up. He fixed his clothes and started walking out. Zoey gave out a sigh of relief. When his hand was about to touch the door knob he paused and turned around.

"Do you have plans this evening? "

"No, sir, I don't," she spoke with professionalism.

"Good, because you'll be coming with me. I'll have someone help you with what you need, " he said, exiting the room.

LATER

Zoey is sitting on a chair, surrounded by makeup artists and fashionistas. They are busy applying makeup, styling her hair, and dressing her up.

The makeup artists give Zoey a flawless complexion, with a subtle smokey eye, a rosy blush, and a glossy pink lip. They remove curled her lashes. They also pluck her eyebrows and shape them into a perfect arch.

The fashionistas give Zoey a glamorous hairstyle, with soft waves and a side part. They also add some highlights and lowlights to her brown hair, making it look more shiny and vibrant. They adorn her ears with diamond studs and her neck with a pearl necklace.

The fashionistas also choose a stunning outfit for Zoey, a red satin dress that hugs her curves and shows off her cleavage. The dress has a slit on the side, revealing her long legs. They also give her a pair of black heels, a matching clutch, and a silver bracelet.

Zoey looked at herself in the mirror, and she looked like a goddess.

"Wow,"  she exclaimed

"I admit we did your makeup and everything, but honey, you are a beauty. You were already set up and ready to go. You're so beautiful ma'am "

"I  agree with you. I'm sure you'll turn a lot of heads at this occasion and receive some proposals, " the one in charge of her hair praised

"Thank you." She shly thanked them, and her phone vibrated.  She glanced at it,thanked them once again, and left the most expensive fashion empire in the country.

When she stepped outside, she spotted a black Rolls-Royce Phantom in a distance. She walked over to it and got into the backseat. As soon as she settled herself, the chauffeur started the car. Dante was there resting his head backward with his eyes shut.  He looked so handsome in the black tuxedo he was wearing that screamed wealth. She lost herself while starting at him and got startled when a deep voice sounded.

"Staring is rude, Ms Zoe."

"I-I-I wasn't staring,"she shamelessly replied.

Dante lazily opened his eyes and smirked while looking at her. He kept looking at her while putting on a smile that didn't reach his eyes. In an instant, he returned his poker face and rested his head backward again.

'Asshole' Zoe angrily said, 'what kind of person doesn't compliment a lady'