Chapter 23: Warming Up His Heart

"Your order, ladies, enjoy," a handsome looking waiter interrupted Mia's stare on Zoe. This time, it was Chloe who thanked the waiter before he left. Chloe took her pasta and started eating telling the two to eat because she wanted to go home.

Zoey and Mia ate in silence, and Zoey's mind was in turmoil. 

'What was I even thinking? Telling someone as successful as Mia about fashion, I just literally made fun of myself in front  of her. Great, just great, Zoey. ' She cursed  herself.

"I didn't know you were good... no, not good -" Mia said without looking at Zoey who was now feeling a bit sad, but paused and continued,"But great!!"

Zoey looked up at Mia almost immediately and asked, "Really? "

"Of course Zoey, I wouldn't lie to you just because you are my friend, I promise. This sketch is the real deal, believe me. What was I thinking designing something like that for this show? I thank God for you, I swear!! You said you didn't wanna be the main model and wear my best designs, right?"

This question made Zoey nod her head a million times like a little child.

"Then let's bargain, you won't be the main model or wear the designs but will be the one to design this dress and wear it, deal?"

"I possibly can't Mia-"

"Then you're going to be the spotlight "

"I hate unnecessary attention "

"That's why i put room for us to bargain. Fine I won't reveal your name to the public or anything I promise"

"And wearing the dress?"

"You are no fun but sure you won't do that either, deal?" She said closing her fingers mumbling "Please say yes please say yes"

This was a huge opportunity for Zoey how could she possibly refuse. She was the one who should be begging Mia not to go back on her word but instead it was Mia begging her.

"Okay" she flatly said and Mia beamed with joy.

"You won't regret it I assure you. Let me get the contract prepared. You're going to the office tomorrow right. We will get it signed there!"

"Contract? "

"Yes contract it's business after all"

Zoey innocently nodded and saw Mia typing something on her phone happily. After having lunch Zoey asked Mia to return with Chloe as she wanted to go home and prepare for the day ahead. Zoey kissed Chloe's forehead before getting into a cab and living for her house.

Entering his suite Dante looked around and found Chloe attentively watching something on the TV. He looked around before going to sit next to his daughter. The sofa sunk to his weight and it was then that Chloe realized his presence. She happily smiled and jumped on him,

"Daddy!!!"

She hugged him and sat on his lap. Dante's heart warmed up and he smiled and kissed her on her forehead.

"You look happy today"

"It's because I am"

"Oh is it? What are you watching?"

"Nothing much, just a cartoon"

"Were you alone? "

"Yes aunt Mia left a while ago and mommy- I mean miss Zoey went back home"

A complicated emotion flushed in his eyes as he just nodded and put Chloe on the couch before heading to the bathroom to freshen up.

"Daddy" she said and he stopped in his tracks

"Granny came by today and I wanna go back to school and since you're always busy I'll go reside with Granny at the old mansion, drop me there after you are done" she declared and faced the TV.

Dante just smiled and went to freshen up. Feeling a bit happy.