Chapter 8: "Sister-in-law "

"Nothing, nothing at all. Even if she did, it wouldn't matter, would it?" Mia said

Julian composed himself and seriously said, "Hi brother Dante."

Dante just gave a nod and fixed his eyes on Zoe. He made it obvious that he was checking her out, and Zoe felt uncomfortable. It felt like forever, and Dante was still checking her out. He slowly smiled but it didn't reach the eyes and didn't last long as well before he turned to his friends and said, "Keegan, Zake and Skylar meet my assistant"

After finishing that, he wrapped his hand around her waist. Zoe stiffened up a little but remained calm as she smiled at them and said "its a pleasure to meet you."

They all smiled and greeted her back. There was warmth in their eyes that Zoe couldn't help but smile wider. She was about to say something, but Dante beat her to it.

He said,"You guys proceed to the table. We'll join you in a bit."

Then he started walking with his hand around her waist to a group of people. She recognized one of them as the Kings' eldest son, the owner of this grand event Dustin.

"Dante!!" Dustin shouted as he looked at them approaching.

"I'm glad you made it," he said as he shared a hug with Dante. Zoe just frowned and looked at them confused. Weren't they business rivals?

Dustin turned his attention to Zoe and smiled.

"You must be my brother's girlfriend. I'm Dustin," he kissed her hand. "Nice to meet you sister in law"

The crowd just looked at Zoe with shock and curiosity. Zoey was about to correct him when she felt Dante's hand around her waist again. She slowly turned up to look at him but he was wearing that poker face of his. She couldn't read what was going through his mind. Did he really want Dustin to believe that they were a couple, but why?

"Oh sister in law you don't know how happy I am. It will do him well to settle down or else the old man will -"

"Little brother, don't you talk too much?" Dante asked sarcastically. It was evident that there was a warning behind his words

"Fine, fine, I'll keep quiet. Let's go to the hall. Selena must be waiting for us. "

They made their way to a private room of the grand hotel, and there Zoe was met with the trio from not so long ago and many other faces that seemed to be in the wealthiest circle. Mia was there arguing with Julian, and when Zoe came in Mia's eyes, bleamed with happiness  as she shouted.

"Since all you idiots don't want to fund my show, I'll ask Dante to do it."

She got up and ran towards their  direction. Just as Zoe thought Mia would go and beg Dante for his help, she suddenly held Zoey's hand and pleaded,

She said,"I know Dante will say no. I don't have a doubt about that but could you please persuade him. Please, sister-in-law, please. This will be very good for my company. It will do me very well in the future, please sister-in-law, please. " her tone was loud enough for all the people in the room to hear.

Zoe was taken aback. A while ago, Mia was talking to her as a friend, and she knew that Zoe was just an assistant, so why was she addressing her as sister-in-law. Zoe snapped her head towards Dante, and he just looked at her and....smiled. It was the first time that a smile from her aloof boss was directed to her. What was going on? The hand around her waist tightened a little, and he said

"What do you think? Should we fund her fashion show, huh s.w.e.e.t.h.e.a.r.t? "

Zoey's mind was in turmoil. What the hell was going on, and what was wrong with his friends and what was wrong with him?