Chapter 24: Is It Love?

When Dante and Chloe entered the big old mansion, Chloe ran, calling out to her grandma.

"Young miss be careful not to fall you'll get hurt!" The middle-aged butler slowly reminded Chloe, who was now halfway above the stairs. She kept running, but this time, she was a little careful. When the butler noticed Dante, he was a bit shocked but slowly composed himself and went over to him. He bowed respectably and said,

"Young Master quite a surprise to see you here,"

Dante just hummed in response and went upstairs. Arriving in his room, he went to the balcony and took out a cigarette. Just as he was about to light it, a call came in from Mia.

"Speak"

"You are no fun, Dante, but now is not the time for jokes. I want to ask something of you, "

Dante just kept quiet, and so did Mia.

"Aren't you gonna ask? I don't have all day," he impatiently reminded

"Ohh, sorry, cousin, after I left Chloe, I went to Zoey's house, and to my surprise, I found out that a gymnastics owner is in love with Zoey and is planning on making her his wife. I told my PI to investigate the matter, and I have his records with me now. 3 years ago, his parents died in a car accident, and all the riches came to him. Devastated, he met Zoey in a small Café, she didn't judge him and took care of him. Afraid she was just one of those girls wanting him for his money, he bought a café in the same area closer to where Zoey lives and started working as a manager. When he realised that she wasn't doing it for his money and had no idea about who he was, he promised to repay her by making her his wife. She has done a lot for him, and I'm afraid that all this will grow into an obsession. If you could put a ring on her finger as soon as you can, for Chloe. Oh, and he hired someone to follow Zoey around. He's no good, keep her safe, for Chloe"

She said and hung up.

Dante just kept looking at the empty space and, after a long while, put his phone in his pocket before putting the cigarette back in its case. He walked out of his room to the study, and there he found his mother on the phone. When she noticed him, she quickly hung up and smiled.

"So my dear son is finally getting back to his senses. Is she beautiful? It doesn't matter as long as Chloe seems to like her, I don't mind. I actually prepared a blind date for you with the Williams youngest daughter but now that I heard you have a girlfriend I don't know what to tell them so for the sake of this old lady please just go and have the date with her. She appeared nice when I met her and her mother is an old friend -"

Dante just looked at her speechless and rolled his eyes before saying

"Tell Chloe I went to see her mother."

He said and exited the room, living the old woman speechless.

"Is it love?" She muttered before smiling widely.