Chapter 22: An Unknown Talent

They arrived at the riverside restaurant and ordered their food. Zoey and Mia started chatting as Chloe focused on her Ipad playing an online game.

"These clothes are really beautiful, Mia. I swear I will pay -"

"Stop right there. If you are about to say what I think you are, stop right there. Don't humiliate me by saying such. If Dante were to find out, he'd be mad, plus this is nothing compared to the show that is about to happen because of you -"

"About that."

Zoey cut in

"I was thinking can I not be the main model and wear your best designs," she pleaded

"No can do Zoey, you know Dante won't allow that. He'd be mad if he were to find out."

"I can just wear the clothes and sit in the front row," she reasoned out, but to her dismay, Mia stood firm on her word.

"You have to play a part, Zoey, a BIG ROLE," she emphasized

Like a realization popped inside her head, she smiled and took out her work pad and said

"That reminds me I have been working on a few master pieces for the show. The theme is elegance. Can you take a look at this design?"

"Sure." Zoey took the pad from Mia and looked at it. In a glance, she moved her lips, wanting to say something but in the end decided against it and handed the pad back to the owner.

Mia said, "I know you want to say something spit it out."

Just then, their appetizers came. It was just chocolate milkshakes.

Zoey politely thanked the waiter and handed Chloe hers, telling her to drink before sipping her own.

"It's nothing, even if it was, I don't think it's right for me to say,"

"Just say"

Zoey defeatedly sighed and started,

"The design is nice. Believe me, but it doesn't go well with the theme. Look at the back. It's a stripped dress, and it's revealing too much skin. Forget about that look at the bottom of the dress it's short, like really short, and too revealing. The material you are requiring to make this is worth a billion dollars, which of course is not a problem, but the material is very thin, it's more of a sassy themed dress rather than a elegant one, the dark floral design doesn't go well with the theme" She smiled sheeply and continued,"but don't listen to me. You can't even compare me to yourself when it comes to these things. "

Mia looked lost in thought, still staring at her design. Of course, she acts carefree, but when it comes to business, it's always the opposite. Zoey was about to break the awkward silence, cursing herself for correcting a top fashionista when Mia looked at her and asked

"If it's not theme perfect, what do you think? What should the dress look like? "

There was a hint of curiosity in her voice that made Zoey feel a little free to talk.

"Like I said, you don't have to listen to me, Mia but since you asked, I think it should be a sleeveless dress unlike this one,the back of the dress should be fully covered and the front  should have a low neckline and should be just above knee length with furs at the bottom of the dress and should be made out of thick material. It should be a tight fit but must flay at the bottom and at the neckline should have a small ruby that in night light will glow with the only available light."

While giving her description, she was also sketching her design on Mia's pad. When she was finished, she handed the pad back to Mia and smiled sheeply, saying

"What do you think?"

When Mia's gaze hit the drawing, she widened her eyes a bit before looking at Zoey with a shocked expression.