Chapter 48

This time, I wrote with a little more enthusiasm.

- Alexei Seizon BOT Ojisan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

August 30, 1963 / Year 1639 Central Calendar, 01:00

Le Brias, Kingdom of Altaras

The people of the Altaras are trying to discern the intentions of the Japanese Empire, who acquired rights to the magic stone mines. Originally, due to frequent unreasonable demands from the Parpaldia Empire, the Japanese purchased the mines themselves through substantial funds regarding the priority mining rights for magic stones that Parpaldia had been presenting. This event would come as a surprise not only to Parpaldia but also to the local residents.

Already, due to Japanese corporate expansion into Le Brias, a Japanese district is being planned at the request of the Japanese side. Environmental development, centered around the Yotsui and Hachibishi zaibatsu, is underway, and a contract has been signed to split the profits from mining magic stones between Japan and the Kingdom of Altaras.

The conditions presented by Parpaldia were outrageous, not only involving mining rights but also demanding Princess Lumies as a slave. Naturally, compared to the blatant methods of the Parpaldia Empire, the proposals made by the Japanese were far more reasonable, even if they aimed at expanding their sphere of influence and associated interests. It was like night and day compared to Parpaldia.

Introduction of more efficient machinery for mining.

Various infrastructure development proposals accompanying Japanese corporate expansion.

Signing of economic agreements and trade-favorable measures.

What the Kingdom of Altaras is experiencing is the "promised prosperity by the Japanese Empire."

As a result, in the southwestern region close to the Japanese side, where ports for exporting magic stones are located, large numbers of laborers and hopper ships for landfill work are shuttling back and forth to accommodate large Japanese ships, and port expansion work is proceeding rapidly.

"Japanese technology is amazing... Did they really make ships like castles?"

"They filled it with a lot of machinery... that's something the Parpaldians can't match."

"And, many Japanese companies are being established in Le Brias... According to job postings, the salaries seem good, don't they?"

"In that case, maybe I should join a Japanese company..."

Japan, leveraging its industrial and capital capabilities, initially focused on the integration of local residents and the securing of collaborators' eyes and ears. Concerned that there might be armed conflicts, given that the mines were the target of Parpaldia, conservative factions within Japan proposed dispatching troops for security purposes.

This proposal, which was criticized by the Kingdom of Altaras for significantly provoking the Parpaldia Empire, resulted in the dispatch of what nominally became a "public security police force" rather than a "military." However, this was merely a change in name, as the soldiers dispatched as the public security police force amounted to approximately six thousand, equivalent to an entire army division.

Most notably, the public security police force consists not only of Japanese soldiers but also of soldiers from allied countries such as the Principality of Qua-Toyne and the Kingdom of Quila, accounting for eighty percent of the total.

Concerning the threat of wyverns, they have refurbished weapons such as the Type 5 Chi-Ri tank equipped with Type 96 25 mm autocannon, the Type 17 Shin Hōtō Ho-Ki IFV with portable anti-aircraft missiles, and the Type 96 15 cm howitzer, which were either used in the previous war or on the verge of being scrapped during the early Cold War.