Chapter nine - A note.

I woke up to the distant sound of violin. I groaned tiredly before swinging my feet out of bed and slowly approaching the living room. I saw Sherlock staring out of the window, playing a beautiful song on his violin. This was the first time I had heard him play the violin. I heard he was good, but damn. He was amazing.

I didn't want to interrupt him from playing the beautiful melody, so I simply just leaned against the frame of the door, crossed my arms and listened. Since I just had woke up, I was still a little tiered. And felt as if the song could make me fall back to sleep again.

"Are you going to come in or just stand there and watch me?" A deep voice spoke. The music stopped and it fell silent. I blushed slightly at the thought of him knowing I was watching him, then began to walk into the room and took a seat on the couch.

"You're really good at playing the violin."

"Yes."

"What was that piece you was playing?" I asked. He looked at me before turning his gaze back to the window and started playing again. I felt like sighing, but I didn't have a problem with him playing the song again. So instead the edges of my mouth twitched up into a small smile as I sat here and listened again.

At the sound of the door creaking, I turned my head to the side and saw John walking tiredly into the room.

"Its seven in the morning." John muttered, "Do you have to play that now?"

"Holland seems to be okay with it."

John glanced at me, exhaled heavily and rubbed his eyes, picking up his feet lazily and walking into the kitchen, "Anyone want a cuppa?"

"Please!" I politely said.

"Sherlock?"

"Shush." Sherlock hushed, and John rolled his eyes before continuing to put the small teaspoons of sugar into the two cups.

"Thinking about the murders?" I wondered.

"Obviously."

"You think its Dan?"

Suddenly Sherlock stopped playing the violin, and stood still in his place, looking out the window. I narrowed my eyes, and soon enough John came over to me and handed me a cup of tea, to which i smiled a thank you at him.

"Just because Dan works in Speedy's doesn't mean he's the killer." John said, sitting on the couch.

Sherlock put his Violin down and sat on the single couch, putting his hands in a prayer position under his chin, "There's been another murder."

"How do you--?"

Suddenly Lestrade came running through the door. Oh right, Sherlock was looking outside the window.

"Sherlock."

"Yes?"

"There's been another murder."

"Why not call?"

"Well, this ones a little different." Lestrade's eyes fell onto John, "Are you coming?"

"No, I don't think I should." John mumbled. Lestrade frowned slightly, most likely missing the both of them working on a case together.

"Come on, John. You know you want too." I practically begged. I too missed the two of them working together. Granted, I wasn't around when they did. But I read John's blog, and I knew how much they cared for one another. Watson and Holmes. It just felt right for them to work on cases together.

John looked around the room, and I just knew he was dying to say yes. Apart of him didn't want this life any more. A part of him wanted that. However, a big part ached to be back on the team. He sighed. "...Fine." He gave in, and I broke out into a broad smile. "Give me time to get dressed. I just woke up."