Chapter forty two - Miss me?

I haven't seen Sherlock for two weeks. Non of us have. It sucked really, the only company i had in 221B was Mrs Hudson. She was lovely, but she didn't really cure my boredom. Sherlock did that.

We approach Sherlock for the first time in fourteen days. We're in an airfield, and its about ten in the morning. Smiling, Mary walks towards Sherlock, John and me following behind. 

"You will look after them for me, won’t you?" Sherlock asks Mary. After all she was a trained assassin. I smiled.

"Oh...don’t worry. I’ll keep them in trouble." Mary hugs him.

"That’s my girl." Sherlock says and Mary releases him. John nods to Sherlock in greeting, and Sherlock turns to his brother, "Since this is likely to be the last conversation I’ll have with John Watson, would you mind if we took a moment?"

Mycroft looks a little startled, but then glances over to the security man and jerks his head towards the side of the plane. The security man, Mycroft, Mary and me walk along the side of the jet towards the wing and Sherlock turns to John. We watch them silently as they talk to each other.

"Wheres he going?" I finally ask. I turn to Mycroft who stands up straighter- if that was possible.

"In any event, there is no prison in which we could incarcerate Sherlock without causing a riot on a daily basis. He's gone to do some undercover work in Eastern Europe. We haven't told him where he's going after that."

"So did you like him then?" Mary asks, "Sherlock."

I give her a smile, and turn back to look at Sherlock and John speaking. I wasn't quite sure on how to answer that, so i left it un-answered. John and Sherlock shake hands, and John walks over to us.

"He wants to speak to you." 

I give a short nod, then trail over to Sherlock. I bet everyone definitely thinks something is going on between us now.  I give him a short smile and stand in front of him. Its quiet, and non of us speak for at least twenty seconds.

"Hi."

He chuckles lowly, "Hello Holland."

"What happened to Holly, huh?"

"I like Holland much better."

"Ah." I give a nod, then look down again. Its quiet. "Will we ever see each other again?"

"Hard to say. I hope we do."

"Yeah, me too."

And then its quiet again. Its awkward, because we both want to speak. But non of us do. After a while of silence (Not too long, other wise Mycroft would have told us time was up, and put Sherlock on a plane.) He decides to speak.

"I know the past few weeks haven't been great, but-"

"I forgive you." I tell him, "Of course i do. I can't stay mad at you, it's not like you loved Janine or anything."

"How can i when i love you?"

My eyes widen at what he says, and so does his, like he doesn't believe what he had said. I know he doesn't normally admit things like that, but we probably wasn't going to see each other again. Better now then ever.

"I, uh-" Sherlock seems confused and embarrassed. It was then i realised i was staring at him. 

I start to smile at him, "Sherlock..."

"Forget i said it." He looks down.

"I love you too."

He lifts up his face and stares at me like i had growing toes on my forehead. But it was the truth, and i didn't realise it until now. I love you, Sherlock Holmes, you wonderful bastard.