Chapter twenty three - Imperfectly perfect.

"Please begin."

"Well, we was having a disagreement, something about not letting her out after eight. She got really angry, and then ran off..." Lucy told us, probably feeling responsible, "She's a troubled girl. She's only sixteen, and I fear she may have been kidnapped."

"What makes you think that?"

"She ran away before, but came back the next day."

"What do you mean by troubled?" I finally spoke up before Sherlock could ask her another question. Lucy sighed.

"She get's bullied, you know, the usual teenage stuff. She would never leave the house, she would only leave to go to school, and her friends used to visit her at her home. Please, will you help me?"

"Where did she go last time when she ran away?" Sherlock inquired. 

"At the back on an old restaurant called Lindies. It's kinda scruffy down there, non of us looked for her by that place, I guess she thought we wouldn't look for her there." Lucy frowned, "What's that got to do with anything if she was kidnapped?"

"Everything, Lucy Derbvo. We don't know she has been kidnapped yet." Sherlock sat up out of his seat and approached the living room door for Lucy to go out, "We'll take the case, you can leave now."

I mentally face palmed myself for Sherlock's rudeness, but didn't say anything because he wouldn't listen. Lucy stood up and trailed towards the door, before turning to Sherlock, "Thank you so much, Mr. Holmes."

"Hmm." Sherlock mumbled back, before shutting the door behind her as she left and then sitting back on his arm chair. I looked at him, waiting for him to speak. At this point in time, he was staring at me like I should be doing something, but I had no idea what. Spit it out, Sherlock. I can't read minds.

"Are you going to get you shoe's on or what?"

"Huh?"

"We're going to Lindies."

"Okay, give me a minute." I replied, getting up and going to where i left my shoes last and putting them on. How was i supposed to know he wanted us to go to Lindies right now? I swear, this guy is impossible.

"Why are we looking for a teenager that ran away? She'll probably show up soon, I thought you would have picked a more interesting case." I said, grabbing my shoe and slipping it on.

"This one is quick, so we'll have time to do other cases before John and Mary's return. Beside, she might actually be kidnapped."

I don't say anything else. I finished putting my shoes on and then put my coat on. I saw Sherlock had already had his shoes and coat on and was waiting by the front door. I went downstairs and outside with him, then we got into a taxi together. Sherlock hasn't really spoken to me since the situation earlier. We said a few sentences, but thats all. It's not like something bad happened. I've gotten over the awkwardness that happened earlier, but he still seems a little tense. It was annoying me now, I mean, yes I like him but he doesn't have to be a prick and ignore me now that we nearly kissed and fell on top of each other. 

Anyway, we got to Lindies quite quickly. Sherlock payed the taxi driver- for once, and then we made our way around the building. At the back of Lindies there were puddles from the rain, and a massive bin with all the rubbish in from the resturant. Sherlock moved the bin forward a bit, "That must be where she hid when she ran away. theres sweet wrappers on the floor showing what she ate, and-" Sherlock saw something, and picked it up, "A hat."

"Must be hers." I spoke up, looking at the dirty purple beanie, "So what, did she just stay there until she got bored and cold, then went back home and then ran away again?"