Bound by Law || 2-Sweet Talks

Aman was nothing more than a gentleman.

I knew he was a sweet guy the first few times I talked to him, but now I knew for sure that he really was a gentleman.

The amount of times we talked, the way he made me laugh with his funny jokes, and how he was always lending me his jacket to wear when it was cold, even when I would refuse. Just the little things that he did and remembered about me, made things seem amazing.

He gave me hope. And maybe, once we got married and things calmed down..I could tell him about that night. I could confide in someone, finally.

I felt like we truly could fall in love with each other. The funny thing was, I never thought I'd be marrying a North Indian.

And it didn't matter to him that I was from Kerala. He came here when he was ten and grew up here so I was glad he was more accepting than most.

It was just perfect.

Like all the cliche romantic movies where the leads are made for each other.

As of now, I was admiring the outfit that was laid in front of me.  We had gotten the beautiful, embroidered maroon saree to wear today, and all I wanted to do was wear it, for Aman.

Just the thought made me giddy.

A knock on the door caused me to jump and I watched as it slowly opened to reveal my mother walking in with a phone.

'Aman' she mouthed as she held out the phone to me.

After shooting me a teasing grin, she tip-toed out of my room and I excitedly smiled to myself before letting out a deep breath.

Just be calm and controlled.

Nodding to myself in new found determination, I held the phone up to my ear with both shaky hands.

"H-hi," I stuttered out out of nervousness.

A soothing, deep chuckle could be heard from the other end of the line.

"Hey. I heard you were getting all the clothes and the house ready?" he asked, amusement in his tone.

"Yeah, it's actually a lot more work than I thought."

"I bet you say that because of all the lies Bollywood movies feed you."

"Hey! Bollywood is amazing."

He chuckled. "Whatever you say. But honestly though, I wish I could have been there to help."

"It would have definitely made the job easier," I said with a small smile.

He laughed again, a warm and genuine sound that originated from his stomach.

After a few seconds, Aman spoke up. "I can't wait to see you again."

"Me neither," I confessed softly.

"Well—wait, hold on a second Karishma."

My eyebrows furrowed at the sudden pause in conversation.

I could hear him whispering almost angrily to someone but I didn't know who as I couldn't hear their voice.

"I said I'd give it back later. Look, I'm busy," he hissed, "I'll talk to you later."

All of a sudden the vibe seemed to change. But I didn't think too much of it when he seemed to revert back to normal,

Maybe he fought with his parents?

"Sorry about that, just some family issues. Anyway, I as I was saying, I guess we don't have to wait long, now do we?" I could almost hear the smile in his voice. "It's tomorrow."

I grinned. "I know, it's come so quick!"

"So, when we do see each other, what would you like to be greeted with?"

That question confused me.

"What do you mean?"

"Would you like flowers, chocolates or? Something else?"

I giggled. "If you did that, that would be really cheesy."

"I guess it would be," he said, chuckling. "But I'd still like to buy you something."

"Hmm...then buy me flowers. Chocolates aren't very romantic."

"Then, flowers it is. Expect some beautiful roses for a beautiful woman."

"You're beyond just cheesy," I said, the smile on my face threatening to tear my cheeks apart.

"So, I know you like flowers over chocolates. Now, I wanna know even more about you. I'm gonna start with the basics. What's your favourite colour?" he asked.

I couldn't help but giggle. "Blue, and yours oh-so-creative sir?"

"Red, oh-so-sarcasatic lady," he said, chuckling.

The thing was, the conversation made me completely forget about his strange change in mood. It was as if it hadn't happened because I had forgotten to ever bring it up.

It didn't seem to matter, anyway.

After chatting for a couple of hours, I lay down in my bed and stared up at the ceiling.

He's so sweet and amazing.

I resisted the urge to sigh almost dreamily. I just couldn't believe that I was going to get married tomorrow and that too to someone as nice as Aman.

I didn't know or notice before, but this wedding was possibly the greatest thing that was going to happen my whole life. I was finally going to be truly happy and have a family.

And maybe...just maybe I had a chance at falling in love.

****

This is a shorter chapter cos it's more like a filler in a way. Future chapters will be longer! Hopefully...