Bound by Law || 9- Disasters Ahead

A/N: Alright guys, I didn't want to do this but I'm going to because of the amounts of comments I get from ignorant people, regarding this issue.

My characters are CATHOLIC so they're gonna eat beef and anything they want to. Another note, it is not banned in America nor is it banned in Kerala so they're still gonna eat it and your rudeness will not change a thing.

So please educate yourself (you know who you are) before you comment dumb stuff like this on my book and harass me in my PM's. I can be nice but deliberately attack me like this and it won't be pretty.

Thanks.

~~~

It was really awkward.

I chewed on my chili cheese naan and beef vindaloo silently as I stared out the window.

Licking my lower lip, I peeked a glance at Jai, who was sitting across from me. He sat there, eating his naan silently, just like I did.

We both avoided each other's eyes, dreading the moment where we had to take photos, faking happiness. The last thing I wanted to do was lie to my parents and his about having fun and getting along.

I sighed to myself as I finished eating, placing the napkin on the table and getting up to wash my hands.

Jai didn't say anything. He just glanced at me briefly before dragging his eyes back to his plate, serving himself more beef vindaloo to finish; he knew I wouldn't.

On the outside, my stomach was fairly chubby and had a lot of room, but on the inside, it was anything but–it was tiny. But there was always room for dessert.

I stared at myself in the mirror of the hotel bathroom; I wasn't pretty at all. My eyes trailed over all the features on my face, and I hated them all.

I wasn't even fair like the North Indian beauties and American models Jai was used to in America.

Sighing, I walked back to the table when feminine, flirtatious giggling caused me to look up from the ground and towards the table I was seated at.

It was the same woman I saw with Jai near the swimming pool. She was gorgeous, and Jai was smiling at her, but it also looked a bit forced.

Why would it be forced? It must be my imagination.

I shook my head mentally and stopped near the table. Jai looked up at me, his eyes narrowed and his face displaying a bored expression.

The woman turned her head, finally acknowledging me with her big baby blue eyes. I gave her a polite, kind smile and she replied with a slow almost strained smile.

"Oh, is this your girlfriend?" she pointed to me, tilting her head.

Jai scoffed and leaned back, raising an eyebrow at her.

"Hell no. She's my..." He sighed exasperatedly and finished as if it was the hardest thing ever, "wife."

"Wife?!" she exclaimed, before laughing. She looked at me and then back at Jai with incredulity. "She doesn't look like someone who'd be your wife."

I knew I wasn't good looking, but hearing it from someone else hurt more than it should have.

Jai ran his free hand through his hair, saying nothing, causing me to look away, tears in my eyes.