Final BONUS - Temptation (Jai's POV)

A/N: This is gonna be short and takes place in a random timeline before they had any children and when things are all good between them :)

---

I loosened my tie and took off my shoes, resisting the urge to sigh in exhaustion. I'd been working over-time lately and hadn't been able to go home early enough to spend some time with Karishma.

She never questioned me but I could see the way she frowned to herself when she thought I wasn't looking.

I knew her well enough to know that she didn't say anything because she worried that I'd find her pestering annoying.

It was cute and thoughtful of her but I wanted some attention.

Having her demand where I was for so long would be enough for me to forget about all my worries at work and just engulf her into a hug.

But as soon as I stepped home, it was silent.

Like always.

And when I did come home early, she was out walking Archie and would come home an hour later.

I sighed, rubbing my forehead. The atmosphere here wasn't any different to the atmosphere at work and that's what I hated the most.

That's why I needed Karishma to reassure me.

Not that I hadn't tried.

Every time I tried to get close to her, she'd move away. It hurt; it was like a slap to the face each time she did that. I know it's her personality and shit but sometimes just purely saying I love you didn't do it for me and I wanted to show it. .

Sometimes I just wanted a hug or a kiss to the head or cheek.

It would be comforting, especially coming from someone as caring as her.

Where the hell is she, anyway?

Usually she'd be in the kitchen or watching TV but she was in none of those places.

Before I allowed myself to panic, I glanced up the stairs and at the doors.

Maybe she's reading or taking a bath?

I forced my heavy legs to trudge up the stairs and to our room. It was dark but my eyes quickly adjusted. The door to the room suddenly shut and I whipped around.

"The fuck?" I exclaimed in shock.

A figure stood near the door and I raised my eyebrow, not in the mood for any antics.

"Karishma, what the hell? I thought something happened to you. Where were you?"

When she said nothing, I grunted in frustration. All I wanted to do was take a shower and go to sleep.

"You've got to be kidding me. I'm not in the moo—" I flicked the switch and almost choked on my bloody saliva at the woman in front of me.

"K-Karishma?" My voice came out in a squeak as I stuttered for the first time in my life, my eyes wide.

There she was, scantily clad in the skimpiest outfit I had ever seen.

She was wearing lingerie.

Karishma.

And lingerie.

Together.

If my eyes could bulge out of their sockets and faint, they probably would.