Bound by Law || 19- Complicated Relationships

I woke up, the sun shining through the slits of the blinds. Furrowing my eyebrows, I forced myself to sit up and rubbed my eyes in exhaustion.

My eyes ached and stung as I blinked. It was then that the events of last night flashed through my head.

Ugh, Jai saw me crying my eyes out.

It was embarrassing to think about, but my attention was soon elsewhere as the sound of water pattering and hitting the floor reached my ears.

He must be showering.

I was still confused to his sudden change in behavior last night and I couldn't help but feel the disappointment at the fact that it was only temporary.

It was soothing and refreshing to see the kind side of Jai, and I had a feeling that I wouldn't see that side again in a while.

Sighing, I went to go back to sleep again. It was a Saturday and I didn't feel like getting up and making breakfast.

He didn't have work either, which made the morning that much more sweeter. Just as I closed my eyes, a phone suddenly began to ring violently, causing me to shoot up from bed in shock.

I looked around for the ringing phone, when I finally managed to find it hidden under the tangled bed sheets.

It wasn't my phone but I felt bad not clicking 'answer' so I quickly shuffled over to the door and knocked.

"Jai?"

"What?" I heard through the loud noise of the water.

"Your phone's ringing."

"What? Speak up!" he said, his tone representing one of annoyance.

There's the mean Jai again.

Frowning, I leaned closer to the door. "I said your phone's ringing!"

"Okay?" he said it as a question, like he was wondering why I was telling him this. "Just put it on the bedside table."

"But what if it's important? Should I pick it up?"

"What do you want me to do Karishma?!" he yelled, causing me to jump. "I'm taking a bloody shower. I'll call them back in my own time so mind your own business, alright?"

His words pierced through me like a knife.

"That's why I asked you if I should pick up or not. You didn't have to yell," I muttered under my breath.

Without saying anything else, I placed it on his bedside table and took out some fresh set of clothes. I walked downstairs and waited for him to get out so I could take a shower.

I didn't feel too good due to me sweating after last night, so I wanted to scrub myself clean.

I feel so yuck and I smell horrible, too.

Trying not to think about how disgusting I felt, I concentrated on a show that came on TV called 'Dr Phil'. Before I knew it, I was hooked.

But soon enough, my phone dinged. Looking down at it, I saw that I now had twenty-two unread messages when it had only been nineteen yesterday.

'Karishma, hey. I just wanted to apologise for what I said. I'm sorry that I butt into your business. I honestly don't know why I said you lied when I would have done the same in your situation.'

'It's pretty late, but, I feel like crap now. Whatever is happening in your marriage is your business.'

Most of the messages were similar and I read the latest one, sent just a few minutes ago.