Bound by Law || 33- Tenacious Willpower

Thanks for showing me the real you. The one that always puts me down without reason in front of everyone.

I couldn't believe I had said all that in front of everyone. It was daunting, being the centre of attention but the whole reason I even did it was because of Jai. The thought made the tears stream down at a rapid pace as I walked down the street of Sanaya's house. After being humiliated in front of everyone when Jai yelled at me, I ran out of the house, feeling suffocated.

I knew it was wrong of me and I wanted to go back, but that would be shameful. All I wanted to do was apologize to Sanaya and Mohit–whom I didn't even get a chance to talk to.

And Mohit saw me getting yelled at. How embarrassing.

I tried to erase the scene from my head, but it was like asking to fit through a crack in the wall; it was just impossible. It was too painful and embarrassing to think about, yet, it kept coming back to my mind again.

I was so mad at Jai. He shouldn't have jumped to conclusions like he had and made me look like a fool. He could have given me the benefit of the doubt but he didn't because that's how he was.

Rude and impulsive.

I didn't even want the stupid explanation of what was going on, anymore. It had something to do with the horrible Aisha and Rahul and also Gavin, and that was it. I assumed that Jai would tell me in his own time. After seeing him get mad at me when I asked, I realised it was a touchy subject and that he probably had his reasons to not tell me.

Of course, I didn't like it but I wasn't going to push. And the fact that he thought I would, hurt.

Completely out of sync with my mood, the sun shone brightly down on my face, almost mocking me for being so dispirited.

The gentle, warm breeze caressed my face softly and I let out a contended sigh, rubbing my eyes. Though I was in a bad mood, the nice wind provided me with the warmth of a blanket.

Walking aimlessly, I didn't know where I was going or where I would end up until the sound of a car horn stopped me.

Turning my head to the side, my eyes met with a black Bentley which I immediately recognized as Jai's.

Turning my head away, I quickened my footsteps, trying to get away. He didn't see that as a challenge and drove at the same pace I was walking.

He rolled the window down and yelled irritably.

"Karishma, get in the car." 

I refused to say anything and kept walking.

Jai was fuming, his low voice now tantamount to the threatening rumble of thunder.

"Damn it, Karishma, you can give me the silent treatment later, now get in the god damn car."

"No!" I said, raising my voice so he could hear how firm I was.

"If you don't get in the fucking car, I'll drag you in. Do you want that?" he said, his voice on the verge of a growl.

I said nothing and kept walking, trying to show him that his words had no effect on me when in fact I was petrified.

But that seemed to be the wrong thing to think because he stopped the car abruptly, causing my heart to speed up.

Since he had just threatened to drag me in his car, I felt a push to run but my feet were numb from pushing myself to walk super fast.

As soon as the car door shut in violent haste, I jolted back to reality and instantly, my throat became dry.

I twisted my body in order to run, but a tight hold on my wrist refrained me from going forward.