Bound by Law || Epilogue

A/N: My Christmas gift to you guys!

----

Eight months later:

My hands were on my belly as I felt around for the frequent kicks from the baby. I couldn't turn around because I was always scared that my positioning would harm him, so I always slept on my back.

When I had found out I was pregnant, it felt like the world had changed.

Jai was elated at the news and was always frantic about me and the baby's health–even more than I was. He wouldn't let me do anything and even tried to take over for me in the kitchen.

I was excited because he was excited, and as the months passed by and my stomach became bigger, there seemed to be a permanent smile etched on my face.

At one of the early check-ups, we were told that our baby was a boy. I had always wanted my first-born to be a boy, so it honestly seemed like a dream come true.

All of a sudden, a gasp left my lips as the odd sensation of my son kicking came once again. He was an energetic baby—one that was a big fan of kicking. Though it was gentle, it managed to keep me awake some nights.

And today was one of those nights, where a sudden craving for donuts hit me.

My eyes glanced to the side at Jai, who slept peacefully. Lately, he had been working a little bit late and would come home late as well, and every morning he had red eyes and dark bags under his eyes.

I shouldn't wake him up...he's sleeping.

But I couldn't control the cravings, and I could feel my mouth salivating in anticipation of stuffing donuts into my waiting mouth.

Usually, my cravings would hit in the morning and in the afternoon sometimes, but never during the middle of the night. I tried to control the urge, but I couldn't.

I sulked. "Jai," I whispered, softly, deciding to wake him up. It was only this one time, anyway.

He could find it in his heart somewhere to forgive me.

Hopefully.

He looked calm as he slept; his eyes were shut, his mouth was partly open and his handsome face was right beside mine.

"Jai," I said a bit more forcefully, "wake up."

When he didn't respond, I resorted to shaking him roughly.

"Jai!"

His eyebrows furrowed and he groaned, turning to sleep on his back as he brought his arm down to rest on his forehead, his head in between the crook of his elbow.

"What?" he mumbled, his voice deeper than normal due to sleep.

"I'm craving donuts," I whined.

He said nothing and remained silent, causing me to push at his chest.

"Jai!"

He heaved a huge sigh and slowly brought his arm down. Turning his head to look at the clock, he then looked back at me, his eyes half-open in exhaustion.

"Karishma, it's four in the bloody morning," he said, irritated.

"Please?" I pleaded. "I can't control my cravings!"

"And what are you craving again?"

"Donuts."

Jai's features softened after he stared at me for a couple of seconds, and then sighed before nodding.