Bound by Law || 43- Joy to Dread

A few weeks later and things were going smoothly between us. Though today was more chaotic than I had predicted to be.

"Ah, fuck, I'm going to be late!" Jai yelled, hurriedly tying his tie.

We had ended up sleeping in late because we got up really early to go to church yesterday. So, this morning turned out to be very hectic.

I ran over to Jai after placing his lunch box in his bag, and stood in front of him, pushing his hands gently out of the way.

"You're not tying it properly, so let me do it," I said, softly.

He let out a controlled breath through his nose and nodded. I could feel his intense gaze trailing my features slowly as I worked on his tie.

Glancing up, I looked right into his fierce amber eyes, full of depth and glowing with deep emotions that I couldn't name; one stood out the most which truly exposed his vulnerability: love.

I shyly smiled at him before looking back down at his neck, tightening his maroon tie and pulling down the collars to cover it.

"There," I said softly. "Now, you're ready to go."

"Mhm," he hummed in agreement. His hands came down on my hips and he pulled me towards him, smirking mischievously.

"Jai!" I exclaimed in shock.

"What?" he asked, his voice hoarse.

Placing a kiss on my shoulder, he buried his head in my neck, and hugged me tightly.

My hands that were placed on his chest, fisted his neatly ironed shirt, unintentionally.

"Jai, you're going to be late," I whispered, my voice trembling.

He sighed in contentment against my neck.

"Nah, I think I'll stay here for a little while."

I pushed at his chest playfully and he pulled away, frowning.

"Wow. Didn't think you'd want me gone that bad," he grumbled in a low voice.

I went to object when he winked at me with a small smirk on his face. Shaking my head with a smile on my face, we walked out of his room and went down the stairs with me in front of him.

All of a sudden, he stopped me by encasing my wrist with his hand.

I swivelled around and looked up at him in confusion when a devilish smile—a smile I had never seen on him—appeared.

I gulped as he leaned down.

"Give me a kiss."

"Now?" I asked, incredulously.

"Why not now?"

"Well, I mean," I laughed nervously with a shrug, "you just said before that you were going to be late and—"

"A kiss isn't gonna take hours."

He stepped towards me. I wriggled out of his hold.